Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far.... Now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far.... Now what?

TWO separatepotential  identity theft concerns led me to pull my credit reports a couple times in last couple months, leading me to this forum where I have learned so much (THANK YOU). Fortunately so far, the identity theft issues do not seem to have actually hit my credit reports, but I am now trying to address other questionable negatives based on what I have learned on theses boards.

So far, this is what I have done to hopefully clear up the negatives:

DV to a CA, $39. If they verify, I will then try PFD.

DV to OC (bank) for $154. (Has not reported to CRAs yet tho) If they verify, I will then try PFD...er, well to have them NOT report it at all.

GW to GMAC (2 30 day late payments from 2001). They should fall off next year, but didn't think it would hurt to ask to have them removed now.

Dispute letters to CRA and OC (car rental agency)....disputing a hard pull when I rented a car in June 07. Didn't know they'd do that! They never have before.

Other negatives:

I don't have much credit. Years ago, being underpaid and in big debt with student loans I had financial problems which led to credit problems, but I have since cleared all that up, (I am completely debt free now!) but have not had open accounts for years. Kept me out of the CC debt cycle, but doesnt help the FICO scores.

Realizing I couldn't get a FICO score sometimes (because I had no creditors reporting for 6 month periods) I caved and opened one small CC account. I only have this one active open TL, just a CC with $200 limit since July 07. Which I use, but pay PIF each month so far.

My FICOs are EQ 739, TU 731, EX 669 (the collection only shows up on EX, I think this is why it is lower than the others)  I noticed the first two scores went up 30+ points a few months after opening the new CC, and EX is down 2 points. 

QUESTIONS: Do the above mentioned actions seem appropriate? What else should I do other than follow up on what I have done already? Apply for more credit for more TLs? (more important than the inquries that would be required?) Increase the limit of my one  CC? Etc.?

AWill update with results. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.