Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with Experian!

tag
girlie
Regular Contributor

So frustrated with Experian!

I have disputed an item with Experian three times and they are stating that they have confirmed with the creditor. I have a charged off account was PIF in May of '06 and they are showing it charged off until June '07.  I have even sent them back up documentation, a letter from the creditor showing it paid in full and they refuse to remove it!

HELPWoman Mad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: So frustrated with Experian!

They do not have to remove it, only report it correctly.  Thus, they only need to show PIF.

The OC may need to edit the tapes that are sent to the CAs.

Message 2 of 6
girlie
Regular Contributor

I wasn't very clear in my previous post.  It should show PIF in '06.  They are NOT showing it as PIF until a FULL year after the fact.
Message 3 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't bother with Experian. Every time you dispute it and it comes back verified, you are probably losing points on your FICO. That's because with the updates, FICO reads this as though the baddie was happening as of the update, from a scoring perspective.

Go to OC and ask them to update their records with EX.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the club (no playing-card puns intended);  I have had a "disputed by customer" for over two years on my citi MC (was a vendor refusing to send an auction item even after he charged me).   Repeated complaints to remove the dispute notice have gone ignored.

And just today I got a Chase dispute txt message...I had mentioned in a dispute letter (mailed two weeks ago) that Chase replaced a card but never reported it stolen and replaced in the credit reports.  I included copies of the letters of correspondence.  Next thing I know Chase is putting it under "dispute notice reinvestigation" and I'll probably never see the end of it, just like with my citi.

These companies seem to enjoy complacency.  If you complain, you are selectively "marked" as a troublemaker by having your account placed "in dispute".  

I personally see myself as someone who doesn't back down from a problem and outright incompetency at these companies, with CSR's who don't describe the situation in better detail.

Dan

edit:  I can't spell "describe"

Message Edited by gbreadman on 10-25-2008 01:17 AM
Message Edited by gbreadman on 10-25-2008 12:02 PM
Message 5 of 6
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I THINK YOU GUYS NEED TO CONTACT THE FEDS (THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION) WHEN IT COMES TO CREDITORS/COLLECTION AGENCIES... I FILED THREE COMPLAINTS ALL DEALING WITH UNAUTHORIZED INQUIRIES, PAID CLOSED ACCOUNTS, AND 1 COLLECTION.

A FEW MONTHS LATER THE ACCOUNTS WERE DELETED OFF MY TU, EX AND EQ REPORTS. IT WORKS FOR SOME BUT OTHERS IT MAY NOT... I THINK ITS WORTH A TRY. 

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.