cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So it looks like this has been asked alot (credit monitoring sites)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it looks like this has been asked alot (credit monitoring sites)

My head is spinning looking at ratings etc. I am looking for a site that offers all 3 reports, I was currently using my wells fargo ID service at 15.99/month but it seems as if none of them work directly with the breaus or deal with fico scores. My question is why not use a site like Equifax complete advantage for 17.95 in which its very easy to dispute something through them since you are dealing with them directly  and get all 3 reports OR use a site like Equifax which seems to be sending me to credit check total which alot of people have talked about on here which is 29.95 and again you can dispute very easily with Equifax since you are esseinatly dealing with them directly. If none of these sites does anyone else have anything good to say about any of the other sites that seem to be out there. I can stay with Wells Fargo, but they dont give fico and they also do not give me the option to dispute with any of the major breaus. 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So it looks like this has been asked alot (credit monitoring sites)

Um. Yeah. Read some posts on the different subforums. Check out the stickies in each. Also check out the main thread on CreditCheckTotal. Some changes to be aware of around page 81. Especially read about the different scoring models and the value of each. Good to know what is what and not compare apples to oranges.

After you get a chance to absorb it all, there are quite a few here with years of help and advice. Welcome to the forum.
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You don't have a whole lot of choices if you have to have FICO's but keep in mind that creditors do not all use the same FICO model.  Make sure you understand the specific FICO models and CRA's that you will receive with your monitoring service and if those are relevant to your creditors.

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is why not use a site like Equifax complete advantage for 17.95 in which its very easy to dispute something through them since you are dealing with them directly

Equifax isn't the only CRA.  Why or why not to use any solution is up to each to determine.  For example, it's a concern for you but it's not a concern for me.  I'll go  directly to a CRA to dispute, if needed.  I prefer not dealing with a middle man for disputes

@Anonymous wrote:

If none of these sites does anyone else have anything good to say about any of the other sites that seem to be out there.

Instead of relying on generalization such as "good/bad" give us your specific requirements.  If one monitoring solution was universally best then we would all use it and no one would use anything else.  The reality is that people use diffferent services for different reasons.

From what I understand so far you want:

• FICO's (which model[s] and how often?) for all 3 CRA's
  • Reports for all 3 CRA's (how often?)
  • The ability to dispute via the monitoring service

How much are you willing to pay?  Are there any other criteria?  Do you want monitoring alerts or just the ability to get FICO's and reports?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess, I should have been more clear, and believe me I have spent hours reading these forums but I am just looking for some help/advice direct responses.

I dont mind paying 20-30 month for a service, I am just looking for a monthly report of my scores all three with what is on my report.

Right now I have wells fargo at 15/month which is great however I noticed that my scores on there report vs fico scores on all three are 50-75 points less and I want somethign more accurate. The other thing I noticed, I tried the myfico plan for a while and there was an item on my fico vs a wells fargo credit report that was not showing up.

I google top credit reporting sites and it looks like Identity Guard gets top ratings. I can go back to my fico but it was a bit pricey. If I have to avoid the fico scores to get  my credit score I am fine with that. I just thought with transunion and the other two breaus offering services that report all three it would be easy to dispute.

I just want to track my score and get all the info I need about what debit I owe so I can start paying back, again, I appreciate the time and advice on all the help you guys have provided as ive let 10+ years go by bascilly (and admittingly) not caring. So I am trying to turn things around.

Hope this help takeshi 74.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, for free, sign up for Credit Karma. It will give you an accurate idea of what is on your reports with two of the three big credit reporting agencies, Transunion and Equifax, each week.
Do not worry about the score. It is a different model than FICO, Vantage 3.0. Do not go for the credit suggestions, they are marketing.
Work on the derogatory information found there. Go to myFICO rebuilding forum to get information on how to proceed with each. Make a plan and deal with it a bit at a time. It took you 10 years to get where you are, it's going to take you a bit to take care of things.
If you need FICO scores look into Credit Check Total. If you call to cancel, most people have offers of something like $14.95/month for several years. Here you can get daily Experian FICO 8 report and a one time per month Transunion and Equifax report with score.
For now, work on a plan. Make a list and learn how to approach each account. You can make things worse by doing what seems like the right thing. It can be very counterintuitive. Learn all you can and make a plan before trying to go pay off your 'mistakes'. I did that and it added two years to my rebuild. I was in the mid 500's just a couple of years ago.
Next, come back here often, make it a habit for awhile, keep on track, deal with the negative items and the score will follow.
As Takeshi says, there are many different services and not one is universally best. This is just an inexpensive starter solution. Your mileage may vary.
Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.