Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, this is what an "A Rating" can do for you

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

So, this is what an "A Rating" can do for you

Went to my CU today with my CR in hand to ask for some help in sorting out some complications that came up with my mortgage app with a different lender.  I needed to find $27 in my backend DTI. I walked out with a signature loan to pay off a joint mortgage with a longer term/same interest rate, lowering my DTI. And, since I will no longer be on that house, they won't count the insurance/taxes against me either.

To top off a good day, while I was there, they looked at my Visa and raised my CL from $500 (back in my rebuilding days) to $3,000 and lowered my APR!  It feels very "prime-al" to me. Smiley Wink 

Hoping Lowes feels the same kind of love in October...

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: So, this is what an "A Rating" can do for you

@thankfulheart wrote:

Went to my CU today with my CR in hand to ask for some help in sorting out some complications that came up with my mortgage app with a different lender.  I needed to find $27 in my backend DTI. I walked out with a signature loan to pay off a joint mortgage with a longer term/same interest rate, lowering my DTI. And, since I will no longer be on that house, they won't count the insurance/taxes against me either.

To top off a good day, while I was there, they looked at my Visa and raised my CL from $500 (back in my rebuilding days) to $3,000 and lowered my APR!  It feels very "prime-al" to me. Smiley Wink 

Hoping Lowes feels the same kind of love in October...

YAY! congrats! Smiley Happy

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: So, this is what an "A Rating" can do for you

Things change once your perceived risk goes down, long as debt isn't out of whack when income.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.