Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, what is going on here?

tag
mcsmith17
Established Member

So, what is going on here?

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.  I first found out I had four medical collections when I was trying to get an auto loan last September.  Two were with NCO-Medclr (1 paid, 1 open) and two with West Asset.  Via a "not mine" dispute, the two NCO collections were deleted within a week from all three reports (well, Experian did not delete the paid collection).  The two West Asset collections were verified on TU and EX and deleted off of EQ (so, my EQ is clean).  These collections have a drop off date of April 2009 which would put a DOFD around that time in 2002.  This was around my 18th birthday, I know for a fact I did not have any medical problems or ER visits around that time.  I do know the hospital they are for, but I don't know for what or why.  Anyways, due to my work schedule around that time and getting the auto loan I needed,  the debts being in SOL, and not needing credit in general, I didn't go any further with DVs or what not.

I have been a member of TC since that time and on a weekly pull yesterday, I noticed that the two remaining West Asset collections had been removed from my EX report for reasons unknown.  I have not redisputed nor DVed, PFD or anything.  I have no idea as to why they just suddenly vanished.  They do still remain on TU and I will be monitoring whether or not they are removed from it as well.

My question for the more experienced is whether or not this is a sign that these debts have been sold as a last ditch effort to collect on them since they can only remain for another year.  Nothing new has popped up yet on my reports, they have just been taken off.  West Asset has not been actively reporting these debts to the CRAs as the last reporting date was due to verification of my dispute in November (and that was the only time in the last two years that date had been updated). 

I should note that neither of these collections are over $75 so it's not an outrageous amount.

Message Edited by mcsmith17 on 04-10-2008 06:18 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So, what is going on here?

Call the hospital and see what they are for. DOFD should be date of service.

Watch your inquiries section..........watch for another CA to pull your report, a sign they bought the vanishing debts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.