Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So,,,

tag
Covet
Established Member

So,,,

So what do you do when the creditor that added a collections to your CR owes you money?

Comcast, 2007, assigned to a credit bureau, I paid it off when I moved back to the state not even knowing there was a credit bureau involved...

Haven't had a late bill with comcast since, more or less a balance forward.

First time I looked at my credit report was last June, saw that collections on it.  For the kick of it I called Comcast today about it (different phone number).

And turns out that when I paid off the account I overpaid by $32...

Sorta annoying to have someone post a negative CR entry to your credit report when they've owed you money since 2007, no?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So,,,

A CA is allowed to charge interest and keep it. Could the $32 account for that? If you did overpay, you'd ask for the $32 back from whomever you paid. If they don't pay it, then you can sue. It'll likely cost more than $32 to sue though, especially if they don't have offices in your state. You might have to travel. Statute of limitations might be up too.

Message 2 of 3
Covet
Established Member

Re: So,,,

I didn't pay the CA.  I paid Comcast directly.  When I called Comcast yesterday to ask if they might remove that from my CR it was them that told me I had overpaid and that they owed me money (they even asked where to send the check).

Which I still think is funny since I've had service with them for years (no, they would not apply that $32 to my current bill).

Honestly, I don't care about the $32, even jokenly told them "I'll let you keep it if you remove that collections from my CR..." (I said it in a much funnier way mind you).  Anyhow, we'll see how the request goes.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.