Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoFi Personal Loans?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

SoFi Personal Loans?

My partner received a pre-approval for a "SoFi Personal Loan" today stating pre-qualified for up to $100,000 but minimum of $10,000.

Repay 3-7 Years

Interest 5.50%-8.99%

I have never heard of them before... Anyone?!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

SoFi Personal Loan... Pre-approved!

Partner received Pre-qualified offer.

After he filled out the first 3 screens and accpeted disclosures it pulls a sp and gives "Pre-Approved" offers based one the credit and information given in first 2 screens.... it says if you choose a loan and submit then it will do a hp.

His pre-qualified offer was up to $100k but not less than $10k and 5.50-9.99%

His Pre-Approval is: UP TO $50k if you can't tell the way it formatted below

Select a Loan and Apply

Loan Amount

|
$5,000|
$16,250|
$27,500|
$38,750|
$50,000
$
Fixed Rate payment never changes
  Term Monthly payment Interest rate Lifetime cost
Select3-year$1,566.597.990%$56,397.24
Select5-year$1,025.598.490%$61,535.40
Selected7-year$810.569.240%$68,087.04
Variable Rate lowest payment today

Initial payments and rates shown. The rate cap is 9.99%.

Term Monthly payment Interest rate Lifetime cost
Select3-year$1,539.066.790%Varies
Select5-year$985.116.790%Varies
Select7-year$770.997.665%Varies
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SoFi Personal Loans?

@Creditaddict wrote:

My partner received a pre-approval for a "SoFi Personal Loan" today stating pre-qualified for up to $100,000 but minimum of $10,000.

Repay 3-7 Years

Interest 5.50%-8.99%

I have never heard of them before... Anyone?!

I re-fi'd my student loans with them about a year to year and a half ago. Couldn't be happier. If my HELOC doesn't go as planned, a personal loan from SoFi is my back up plan. He can do a soft pull deal to see what amount and rates he can get (unless they gave specifics and you're just giving a range.)

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They pull from EX for SP and it says HP may be 1 or more credit reports but have not submitted full application and taken the hp to see.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

They pull from EX for SP and it says HP may be 1 or more credit reports but have not submitted full application and taken the hp to see.

I guess I can tell you it was last May when I did it because I just looked at my list of inquiries. For me, for my student loan, they pulled EX. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see your post at X:11 yesterday, just before mine. That was similar to what I got when I did the prequal on their site. Today, DH got a mailer from them. 

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I haven't used SoFi loans, they're generally pretty highly regarded in the high tech space as being on the forefront of online lending.  I went to a talk by their COO earlier this year and was also impressed with their approach and views on customer service.  So while I can't comment on the service from experience, I can tell you that they're one of the fastest growing high tech companies right now, and that growth is probably (or hopefully) fueled by them having a good product.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

Denied for personal loan with SOFI Fico 8 627

imho 700 or less on experian looking to reduce cc debt with 80+ % util NEED NOT APPLY. if self employed thats even worse. so far failed with

SOFI

Prosper

PromiseFin(22.97%) offer. 

just bad timing i guess. 

Message 8 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Just want to remind everyone that referrals are NOT allowed on this forum.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4

Refresh yourself on the TOS, if you weren't sure before.
Message 9 of 23
Yepitsme
Established Member

My loan with them justed funded 1/2/16, 14k @ 7.125% 60mo their disclosure said my Ex score was/is 682
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.