cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofi adverse action...but I didn't apply.

tag
betterdays2011
Contributor

Sofi adverse action...but I didn't apply.

I received an email this morning from Sofi denying my application. It included an attachment explaining the adverse action.  I saw the message when I first woke up and I accidentally deleted the message, thinking I never applied for a loan.   Then later I thought, hey wait, I never applied for a loan with Sofi.  I tried to recover it but it is gone.  We are looking for a new car and I did fill out a loan application with Lightstream which was denied but that is the only application I have completed.  Do they possibly work together?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sofi adverse action...but I didn't apply.

I believe but I am not sure lightstream is like a search engine which like certain sites who get your information and tries to match you through several lenders who they are connected with Sofi might have been one of them.

Message 2 of 5
betterdays2011
Contributor

Thanks...I did try to call Sofi but its offices aren't open.  I can't believe I deleted the email.  Sleepy message reading is not a good thing...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got the same e-mail.  I did check my rate back in June.  The loan was in pre-approved status since then and the offer has only been closed recently with that e-mail I got from them about "Adverse Action".  I think they just did a bulk close of unused offers and sent out that e-mail we both got.

Hopefully it was something you might have just checked your rate for months ago and forgot about it.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is stsndard, once you provide permissible purpose, for your auto loan app to be farmed to numerous pottential creditors.

Since you did apply and thus apparently provided permissible purpose, I would suspect it was proper.

If the inquiry is properly coded as auto, then FICO is programmed to only count multiple hard inquiries as only one if made within a specified window.....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.