cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Credit inquiry from job

tag
mvp288

Soft Credit inquiry from job

Hi Guys, I hope someone here can help me. I am in the process of getting promoted. A credit check must be run. I have ok credit and have been improving it through the years. I have an account with myfico.com, and experian, but both of them only show me the "Hard Inquiries" that they make. I know when employment credit checks are ran, they are considered "Soft Inquiries" I pulled up my Annual Credit report last week, but it was a mistake to do that, because now I can't go back in there and check if they have done any soft inquiries this week, only to the date that I Pulled up my annual credit repot. My question is, how and where am I able to check "Soft Inquiries" outside of the usual Annual Credit Report. Thank you very much for any assistance I can receive in this matter. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Soft Credit inquiry from job

You can always purchase your credit report directly from the bureau if you've already used up your free one for the year.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mvp288 wrote:

My question is, how and where am I able to check "Soft Inquiries" outside of the usual Annual Credit Report. 

Directly from each agency.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 604(b) requires that if an employer makes any adverse determination based in whole or in part on information obtained from a credit report, they must provide you a copy of the report, and describe the issue. Thus, if anything in the report is considered detrimental in their decision making, they are required to notify you.

If they dont notify you of any adverse determination, they either they did not pull, or did not see anythng detrimental to their decision making.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.