Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pull inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull inquiries

This many be a dumb question but I've never been able to tell which inquiries are a soft pull. I also don't see it explained in the "how to read your credit report" thread. How are you able to tell which inquiries were a soft pull? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft pull inquiries

The inquiries you see in your purchased reports from here and other sources, such as CCT, are all hard pulls. The only way to see the soft pulls is to access your reports directly from the credit bureaus. 

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

....or from annualcreditreport.com.

That site was created under approval of the FTC as the means for CRAs to meet their annual disclosure requirment, and is by definition restricted ONLY to consumers receving their own credit reports. 

Most commercial reports are broadly vended to either the consumer or to others, and thus the report must exclude soft pulls.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you but how will I know if they're hard or soft? I've tried checking before.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
QUAILMAN

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you but how will I know if they're hard or soft? I've tried checking before.

In your credit report, they provide a description above the inquiries that they list.  It will say something like "The following inquiries have no impact on your credit score".

Want: Chase Freedom Unlimited | Citi Double Cash

Have: Chase Freedom (8,700) | Discover IT (5,500) | AmEx Everyday (8,000) | CapitalOne Quicksilver (4,250) | BarclayCard (8,000) | Banana Republic (2,200)
Total Limit: 36,650
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you very much.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.