Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pull on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull on credit report

Hey guys.

Long time forum reader first time post. I gotta say i am addicted to this forum lol. And thats a good thing i assume.

My question is. I have a Experian account with anytime report and also a Equifax account. I cannot find my soft pulls on either reports. Can someone point me into the right direction? Is there some hidden tab or so. Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft pull on credit report

@t9alejandro wrote:

Hey guys.

Long time forum reader first time post. I gotta say i am addicted to this forum lol. And thats a good thing i assume.

My question is. I have a Experian account with anytime report and also a Equifax account. I cannot find my soft pulls on either reports. Can someone point me into the right direction? Is there some hidden tab or so. Thanks for the help

You will need to pull a full free report from annualcreditreport.com to see soft pulls.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad. I already used up my free one for the year a few months back and didnt save it somewhere

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NH thanks for posting this info- it was exactly what I've been looking for

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the point of paying them for monitoring credit if they did not provide us with information about soft pulls

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Providing a report that includes soft pulls requires a special report, with the party obtaining the report documenting that they are the named consumer, or acting on their behalf.

By definition, soft pulls can only be proivded to the named consumer, and not to others.

It is a matter of simple convenience to avoid any improper disclosure issues or additional processing, and thus simply exclude sott pulls and provide only one generic report.

On the contrary, the annualcreditreport.com site was specifically created by the big-3 CRAs in negotiations with the FTC in order to conveniently comply with the free annual credit report provisions of the FCRA, and all reports obtained via annualcreditreport.com are provided ONLY to the consumer.

If accessed via that site, not additional checks are need to ensure there is no disclosure to others.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you get your free annual reports, can you pay to get an additional of the same type of report later in the year?

Message 7 of 10
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After you get your free annual reports, can you pay to get an additional of the same type of report later in the year?

Yes: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Getting-a-real-full-credit-report/m-p/4368286#M220789

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 8 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the point of paying them for monitoring credit if they did not provide us with information about soft pulls

The point is to monitor your credit.  You'll still get the other report data which is what creditors will see when they pull your reports.  You just won't get the soft pulls via monitoring services.  If you want view soft pulls then you have to get the report directly from each CRA (AnnualCreditReport.com just redirects you to each CRA) and it must be just a report and not via a monitoring service offered by the CRA.  If soft pulls are a requirement then do not use monitoring services that cannot provide them.  Don't assume anything and carefully ensure that any monitoring service you intend to use meets your requirements.

Message 9 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The point is to monitor your credit.  You'll still get the other report data which is what creditors will see when they pull your reports.  You just won't get the soft pulls via monitoring services.  If you want view soft pulls then you have to get the report directly from each CRA (AnnualCreditReport.com just redirects you to each CRA) and it must be just a report and not via a monitoring service offered by the CRA.  If soft pulls are a requirement then do not use monitoring services that cannot provide them.  Don't assume anything and carefully ensure that any monitoring service you intend to use meets your requirements.

Not sure if Equifax also stopped providing the SPs.  When I had their monitoring product the SPs were displayed and now when I moved to EX credit tracker it is definitely not available. When I purchased a report  the last time  it still was shown  (but that was a while back) ... I do not  really need SPs but always found it interesting to look at anyhow Smiley Sad ... so I kind of miss it too.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.