Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid online credit union or?

tag
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Solid online credit union or?

I'm self employed so looking for a place flexible with that and the whole direct deposit/proof of income last 2 paystubs thing. Also looking for a good range of car/mortgage/personal/business type loans and free ATM through allpoint or co-op ATMs etc etc. Free checking, easy to work with, deposits don't take 2 weeks etc etc.

Was looking at DCU but they seem to be a bit tricky as far as opening accounts and my Equifax won't cough up a score until December. Alliant CU seems interesting but I don't know much about them besides basic reviews and stuff.

Ideally I'd like to open a checking account easily, fund it without getting a headache + get easy access to personal and auto loans after building a bit of history and maybe working through a couple share secured type loans.

There's a Northwest CU near me too if anyone has ny experience with them? Cascade CU and First CU are the two that look...not that great over here. Am I possibly misjudging them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Solid online credit union or?

Mostly a bump, but...

I would join Northwest and drop big hints you work at the "Agency".  But I have no idea if they are a good CU or even if they accept you if you don't work for the CIA.

Message 2 of 4
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

Mostly a bump, but...

I would join Northwest and drop big hints you work at the "Agency".  But I have no idea if they are a good CU or even if they accept you if you don't work for the CIA.

The NW is the one at nwcu.com. Northwest community credit union. I'm just really bad about abbreviating things wrong lol. I think I'm eligible for membership there just for living in the area. It is 13 miles to the nearest branch though and I might have to pay ATM fees in my area so not sure. Was looking at my finances last month and noticed we had like $30 in ATM fees Smiley Sad

Most of my income flows in through another account so I end up withdrawing $400 at a time via ATM because our current bank got bought out and now takes like a week to do transfers. Many of the online credit unions would be free ATM use here.

Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I live in Washington.  I just joined AK USA CU.  No Cr check to join, just Chexsystems.  No credit check for secured card.  Can unsecure in as little as 6 months.  $500 minimum deposit, no maximum deposit.  I did it yesterday and it took all of 30 minutes and the card is on its way.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.