Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solve the problem at the SOURCE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solve the problem at the SOURCE!

The source of any 'problem' is not the credit bureaus it is the CA or OC that is reporting!!!!!

The CRAs will take the creditor's or collection agency's "word" for it... the CRA is then off the hook becuase they have 'verified' what is reporting, it's all they have to do.  The problem emannates form the OC or CA - that is where the fight lies.  Take the fight to them!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditAndCrafting
Valued Member

Re: Solve the problem at the SOURCE!

Do the OC and CA, only have to give your name and address, and they accept that?
$700 $500 $500 $300 $250 $200
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so once a baddie is disputed to a CA and lets say the 30 days pass by and you still havent heard from them. Then you send a letter to the CRA telling them that they failed to provide proof that the debt is valid, thus it must be taken off the report? Am I getting that right? How do I prove I never heard back from them?
Message 3 of 7
CreditAndCrafting
Valued Member

Why is it every time I disputed something in the past, the CBs, told me that they had 45 days to dispute? Is that because I got a FREE report?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free Report = 45 days;  pretty much name, address, amount, maybe SSN - that gets 'verified' - and that does NOT mean the debt is yours  which is why challenging the CA is the better route.  AND, a CA can ask you for 'proof' if you dispute with the CRAs - but if you ask them to validate they must ante up the info required without help from you.

And there is a follow-up that is sent to the CA threatneing legal action for attemping to collect without having validated...

Then you also have complaints to state AG, FTC etc - to bring the hammer down on a CA who won't validate but continues to report.
Message 5 of 7
CreditAndCrafting
Valued Member

What about if they sent me the letter that had just my name and address, where the billing info was, has my ex husband his name and birthday? They say that's proof it's mine. I've asked them for proof before, and that's all they gave me. Do they actually HAVE to show more proof than that?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you ask for validation much more is required... they have to go to the OC and get the records! (per FACTA I believe).

I all they are providing are ht e3 item s you mentioned - then file an AG and FTC complaint against them - and get a lawyer to recover damages.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.