Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Letter examples...

tag
jru577
New Contributor

Some Letter examples...

I talked to a mortgage guy and was telling him that i was trying to repair my credit, and getting some mistakes corrected. He forwarded me a few letters that he used and were helpful to him, so I thought I'd share them here. Some of them cite some of the laws/code so i found that interesting. I've used the "Titles" he provided to the letters. I haven't used any of these myself, but I thought they at least looked helpful.

"Request for Removal letter" below..

July 26, 2005

Address

Re: Request for Removal of Outdated Information

To Whom It May Concern:

Please note that under Sections 605 and 607 of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act you are obligated within 30 days to delete obsolete information from my consumer credit report. The following items on my credit report are more than seven years old and exceed the statutory time period under this Act, and they must be removed:

Also, pursuant to Section 168 of the same Act, I am entitled to notification that the items have been deleted. Please send an updated copy of my credit report to the above address, as well as to any other party that has inquired about my credit rating in the last six months.

I anticipate your immediate attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

"Reminder to Respond letter"

Friday, April 02, 2004

Addressee

Re: Reminder to Respond

To Whom It May Concern:

Thirty days ago you received my letter disputing several items listed in my credit report, issued by your firm. The items were inaccurate and incomplete. I have attached the original letter.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 USC 1681i (5)(A), you had 30 days from receipt of this letter to respond to my request for reverification of the erroneous item(s). I have not received a reply from you within these 30 days. Therefore, it must be that the information on my report was either inaccurate or could not be reverified. In either case, according to the provisions of 15 USC section 1681i (a), the item(s) must be deleted immediately.

Please respond immediately so that I do not need to pursue my legal rights under 15 USC

section 1681n or 1681o, which require your compliance with the law.

Also, pursuant to 15 USC section 1681i (d) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please send me notification that the item(s) has been deleted. Send an updated copy of my credit report to the address below, as well as to any other party that has inquired about my credit rating in the last six months. According to the provisions of 15 USC section 1681j, there should be no charge for notification of changes on my credit report.

Sincerely,

"explanation for delinquent payment letter"

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Addressee

Re: Explanation For Delinquent Payment

To Whom It May Concern:

It has recently come to my attention that several of my payments to your account have been labeled “late” on my credit report.

These missed payments were due to: FILL IN HERE!

I have been prompt in paying in the past, and since the late payments occurred for the above excusable reason, please correct the payment history for my account at the following credit bureaus, which carry your account histories:

It is important that my credit report reflect the good relations I have had with your company in the past. The corrections in the credit report will make it more representative of my financial habits.

I appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

"Demand for a corrected credit report"

Friday, April 02, 2004

Addressee

Re: Demand For Corrected Credit Report

To Whom It May Concern:

On January 2nd, 2004, I wrote to tell you I had not heard about any

specific actions taken to reverify the items I had identified as inaccurate or incomplete in my credit report. Copies of my correspondence are attached for your review.

Since you have not given me names of persons you contacted for reverification of the

Information, nor have you complied within the statutory time period—30 days— to my request for reverification, I assume that you have not been able to reverify the information I have disputed. Therefore, you must comply with the provision of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and drop the disputed items from my credit report.

I demand that you send me a copy of my updated credit report showing the elimination of the items, which I disputed on the attached letters. This copy must be provided free, according to 15 USC section 1681j. I demand that it be postmarked within five days after signing the certified mail receipt for the letter you are holding.

If I do not receive an updated copy of my credit report with the disputed items dropped, my attorney will pursue my legal rights less than 15 USC section 1681n or 1681o of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, “Civil liability for willful noncompliance.” Your credit bureau may be liable for:

1) Any actual damages I sustain by your failure to delete the items

2) Punitive damages as the court may allow

3) Costs of the court action, plus attorney’s fees

I have forwarded a copy of this letter to the Federal Trade Commission, the Subcommittee on Banking, Credit and Insurance, the Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Agency and Department of Business and Professional Regulations (Division of Consumer Complaints.)

Sincerely,

"credit request letter"

To Whom It May Concern:

As per our conversation, your records indicate that loan # 30173220 was purchased by Bank of America and paid and closed in January 2003. The actual amount was a second mortgage for $55,000 and not $1,172,288 which is currently being reported to TransUnion. I am requesting that this record (million dollar debt) be removed from my credit report, and updated to paid status.

Your error has changed my financial profile considerably, thus preventing me to obtain credit for other purchases. I appreciate your timely cooperation in this matter. Please send some form of confirmation verifying the change.

Thank you very much for cooperation.

Sincerely,

"complaint letter"

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Addressee info.

Re: Complaint Letter to Delete Inaccurate Information

To Whom It May Concern:

I formally request that the following inaccurate items be immediately investigated. They must be removed in order to show my true credit history, as these items should not be on my report. By the provisions of 15 USC section 1681i of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I demand that these items be reverified and deleted from my record.

Item No. Company Name Account Number Comments

Since 30 days from the receipt of this letter is your allotted time under the law to reverify these entries, it should be understood that failure to do so within that 30 day period constitutes reason to promptly delete the information from my file (FCRA 15 USC s1681i (5)(A) ).

Also, pursuant to 15 USC s1681i (6)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please notify me when the items have been deleted. You may send an updated copy of my credit report to the below address. According to the provisions of 15 USC section 1681j, there should be no charge for this notification. Also, please send me names and addresses of individuals you contacted so I may follow up.

Sincerely,

Message Edited by jru577 on 07-11-2007 06:14 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some Letter examples...

sweet!!

Thanks!!

It will help a lot of folks on here.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

useful info!!
thanks

Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Please edit out the personal info.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.