Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Recent Success and Encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Recent Success and Encouragement

I started on this forum sometime in May after finding it when re-fi'ing my mortgage.  I saw and was shocked at my scores and when I looked at my reports there was quite a bit of information that was not correct.  I have worked dilligently to get this information corrected, and although the reports are not completely correct yet, there have been significant improvements in the last 4 months.  I filed for BK in 2003 and it was dismissed in 2005 - that caused quite a mess for the reporting of most of my accounts.  I had very few positive tradelines.  There were 22 accounts listed and 10 -12, depending on which report, were negative.  I took one credit bureau at a time and disputed negative tradelines, called original creditors and sent CMRRR.  Today, there remain 6 negative items on each.  2 items on each report will be corrected within the next 30 days [a paid medical collection will be removed and my car loan will finally be reporting as paid as agreed, not a charge off [long story]]. 

Anyway, I finally have been able to obtain credit again.  I have established 5 new tradelines since May.  TU fico is mid 600 and Exp and Eq are now low 600.  I expect an increase when the tradelines age a little more.

I just wanted to say that with patience and time the scores will improve and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I think we all get discouraged sometimes, I know I do, but in the end, your hard work will pay off. 

700 club, here I come...early 2008 [I hope]
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Some Recent Success and Encouragement

That's great news! I have only been here for 3 weeks but I have learned soooo much and I am fixing up my credit too! Keep up the great work!Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
joinme
Contributor

Thank You I needed that, When I started I was 598 572 564 now because of disputes I am near high 400's I was about to give up until I saw your post Thank YouSmiley Happy I'll Keep trying-ANS
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG- when I first started in Dec 2005 I was at 525. You can do it. I didn't even get 100 percent serious until two mos ago when I tried to refi in both DH and my name- and they wouldn't do it. Did some serious searching, and scores have gone up.

Time and on time payments will be the ultimate determination.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.