Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some success, but still have ?'s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some success, but still have ?'s

I have been following our (DW and myself) credit for the last month and reading this forum a lot.  Last month I pulled our free credit report from Exquifax and paid for the scores. Then yesterday I signed us both up for the free 30 day trial of ScoreWatch.  In November, my DW had a score of 673 and yesterday SW had her score at 693. For myself, in November my score was 799  and yesterday SW had my score at 814.  My wife increase her score by getting a paid collection removed and getting one 30 day late removed from an old BoA account that has been closed for several years.   She also has several GW letters that we are waiting to get a response from and a DV letter that was sent to Mitchell N. Kay/Palisades CA for an account that was paid in 2000 to the now bankrupt furniture company of Heilig-Meyers. I have two questions.....what is the SOL on a company that is bankrupt?  We also have an Old Navy Visa CC that used to be just a Old Navy store card,  the store card was paid off before the change over to the Visa CC but the EX report is still showing a balance on the store card.  The change from a store card to the Visa card occured in July, how long will it take for our CR to show a zero balance on the store card that is now closed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some success, but still have ?'s

Good work -

Dispute online- "Balance incorrect, $0"
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update.......we received a letter from the Mitchell N. Kay / Palisades CA saying that they received our DV letter and that they are trying to obtain the information that we requested.  Are they still obligated to get the information to us before the 30 day time period since the original DV letter was sent?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No- They do not have a time limit- they can take 2 years to validate-

HOWEVER they MUST cease all collection activities until they validate- including updating your credit report or answering the CRA's.

IMEDIATLY dispute this account-

@Anonymous wrote:
Update.......we received a letter from the Mitchell N. Kay / Palisades CA saying that they received our DV letter and that they are trying to obtain the information that we requested. Are they still obligated to get the information to us before the 30 day time period since the original DV letter was sent?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already disputed with Equifax and it states on the CR that the conusmer disputes and the account is being investigated.  What about the fact that the company that the original account was with is now bankrupt.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.