Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone? Anyone? Please help me.

tag
mkern

Someone? Anyone? Please help me.

I appreciate any help at all!!!!

ok here we go. I purchased a vehicle for my ex-wife in 2000. She began to not pay the payments in early 2001. I took the car and surrendered it to the bank after numerous calls. I was told that they would auction the car and send me what was left on the account for my payment. 6 years pass by and I get older and start checking my credit report. In 2006 from what the CA can tell me purchased the debt and posted the original amount of the loan to my CR and doubled it.  Their are a serious number of things that I have found out that do not add up. The company states that no matter if the car was returned and auctioned off or not I still owe them 30,000 dollars on the account. They also state that I made a payment on the account in 2003. Umm paying for a car that I was not in possesion of in 2003 (never made this payment) also I have done a title search and carfax search and the car was sold numerous times and retitled well before I made this alleged payment. I am now trying to go about purchasing a home and the 14k + the new 30k debt um to say the least makes my account look horrible. What can I do about this?

Thanks so much

Message Edited by mkern on 08-01-2007 12:48 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Someone? Anyone? Please help me.

I would do a DV letter to the CA first.  I would then dispute if you don't hear anything back. 

Anyone feel free to jump in.

Sadie
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.