Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone please explain this to me...

tag
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Someone please explain this to me...

I have been working w/ my fiance credit report/score.  My fiance had 3 collection accounts reporting on Equifax .  One of the collection accounts got deleted last week according to privacy matters and there was no change to my fiance's FICO Equifax score --although the FAKO Equifax score dropped.  That collection dated back to 2003.  We got the second collection account from 2005 deleted.  Today is the first day we pulled since the 9th --so that deletion happened relatively recently.  Today, we get a scorewatch alert---SCORE DOWN 3 POINTS and gives the reason as a recent collection being reported.  The recent collection that has to be referred to has to be the medical collection that's been reported since November.  There's no new collection unless Truecredit hasn't updated yet.  Besides that we haven't rec'd any mail regarding a collection.  According to Truecredit, there's only 1 collection account where there used to be 3 collections.  So, why has the score gone down?  Can someone please explain this to me?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Someone please explain this to me...

If all 3 CAs were reporting in the collections section and not the accounts section, you might have been re-bucketed after the 2 fell off.   Also, the remaining collection... if it is unpaid and it updated after being dormant for a while that'll hurt some.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

I don't know about the re-bucket.  When we first started working on my fiance's credit, there was 1 judgment and 2 collection accounts on the credit report.  We disputed the judgment and it was removed.  My fiance's FICO scored dropped from 677 to 666!  At the time we assumed the bucket theory. 

The other 2 collections recently came off, but in the meantime a third was added in early November.  He lost like 20 points or something from the new collection, but since then the other 2 collections have come off w/ a loss of 3 more points.  What the *bleep*?

It's frustrating sending all the GWs, disputing, and doing the f-u phone calls only to see points lost rather than gained. 
Message 3 of 4
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Au...........It does seem logical that you may have been "bucketed" - and that is a good thing. You are now in a class with folks who have better overall accounts with the potential to achieve higher scores, over time. 

Please keep this is mind. There is no human being anywhere on earth (or anywhere else, probably) who understands FICO scoring.  The phrase "understanding FICO scoring" is a contradiction of terms.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.