Did you mean: 

Spiking your credit score

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Spiking your credit score

trinigal wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:
People may not believe it, but some cardholders make members of their family AUs for reasons OTHER than fiddling with credit scores  Smiley Very Happy

For example, my daughter carries one of my cards as an AU, so if she ever gets into real trouble (car breaks down, stuck in an airport, starving etc) she had a bunch of credit available.  She has not yet used it, and I hope she never has to.  But we are all happier knowing she has it

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 06-24-2007 04:30 PM

i concur, my first credit card was a FirstUSA that my Grandpa (RIP...I love you) gave me.  It was his and he added me as an authorized user when I was going off to college. 

And personally, I feel like, with the hundreds of ways creditors, and dare I say it CRA's, stick it to people, if you can use this to your advantage, why the heck not?! I see nothing wrong with it.  Well...... people making money off of adding strange people to their accounts is bad business, but family..... nothing wrong with that.

EXACTLY!Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally the point I was making in one of my earlier post. I think it is wonderful that we can add a family member, friend or who ever we want to have our cc as a AU. Both my daughters sometimes use or carry mine. They are not AU's, but have never been questioned on any useage. One daughter in particuliar especially loves to go to the mall with some of my Dept. Store CC. LOL. But she is given a limit.

FUSED111-I did jump the gun on EQ being the first to stop the points on AU's. I should have used the term "speculation". 

Most things I have read and heard is that EQ is going to be the first, and then at a later date that TU and EX were going to as well. Maybe if enough people complains to FCRA about it, then possibly we could stop it. Don't know if that would be an issue for FCRA, if not maybe another agency like the State Att. General's.

Whatever it would take, I would like to see it prevented from coming in to effect.

Maybe we could scream "Our Children need it, instead of the schools need it............!!!?????
Message 12 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

cbjn1103 wrote:
Totally the point I was making in one of my earlier post. I think it is wonderful that we can add a family member, friend or who ever we want to have our cc as a AU. Both my daughters sometimes use or carry mine. They are not AU's, but have never been questioned on any useage. One daughter in particuliar especially loves to go to the mall with some of my Dept. Store CC. LOL. But she is given a limit.

FUSED111-I did jump the gun on EQ being the first to stop the points on AU's. I should have used the term "speculation". 

Most things I have read and heard is that EQ is going to be the first, and then at a later date that TU and EX were going to as well. Maybe if enough people complains to FCRA about it, then possibly we could stop it. Don't know if that would be an issue for FCRA, if not maybe another agency like the State Att. General's.

Whatever it would take, I would like to see it prevented from coming in to effect.

Maybe we could scream "Our Children need it, instead of the schools need it............!!!?????

You are not alone in thinking it will be EQ, most are predicting the same. 
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.