Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started ScoreWatch

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Started ScoreWatch

Now in Credit Gardening mode, I have subscribed to ScoreWatch. I'll let it work for me instead of me managing things. It is nice when I get the alerts when the status change. .... Now I have my credit rebuilt, I am shifting my focus to business and hopefully increase revenues soon.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Started ScoreWatch

I signed up for the 30 day trial 2 weeks ago - its pretty awesome - I might even pay for it which is rare for me.
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! Welcome to the occasionally hair-pulling family of Score Watch subscribers. (Pulling your own hair out in exasperation; not pulling other folks' hair out.)

Have you read enough of the threads over on the Products forum to know that you always reset your target score to your current score, no matter how odd that seems? That way, you should be alerted when your score moves either up or down.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Hauling for the tip. I'll set the score to my current score. I did not know about this trick till now.
Message 4 of 10
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I absolutely LOVE my SW--so much that my DH signed up yesterday.

It has been integral along with the help here, to raising my score almost 40 points since December!

As a bonus, I tend to really think a lot more about using my cc's because I know I will get an alert or a drop.  LOL. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 5 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

LisaJ wrote:

I absolutely LOVE my SW--so much that my DH signed up yesterday.

It has been integral along with the help here, to raising my score almost 40 points since December!

As a bonus, I tend to really think a lot more about using my cc's because I know I will get an alert or a drop.  LOL. 

i know what you mean LisaJ, i've been a huge fan since i signed up.  i also find that SW can  provide a v. helpful disincentive to (over)spend -just by showing you the damage up close, lol.

Message Edited by score_building on 03-13-2009 11:40 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So concorduser What was you eq score?
Message 7 of 10
brother7
Established Contributor

I hope you guys are using the "myFICOis8" promo code to save 30%.

I was a 30-day trial user. I cancelled because there's no way to apply the promo code to a trial membership that converts to a full membership.

Before the end of March when the promo code expires, I plan to re-subscribe as a full member to ScoreWatch and also to FICO Quarterly Monitoring (TransUnion).  May as well do it while it's cheap. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-13-2009 03:39 PM

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Congrats! Welcome to the occasionally hair-pulling family of Score Watch subscribers. (Pulling your own hair out in exasperation; not pulling other folks' hair out.)

Have you read enough of the threads over on the Products forum to know that you always reset your target score to your current score, no matter how odd that seems? That way, you should be alerted when your score moves either up or down.

I'm get so frustrated with SW.  I wasnt receiving any notifications. Contacted customer service, something was hung up and my score had changed.  The representative was awesome, fixed the issue and helped me pull a current report.  However, she stated my notification score was too high and suggested it be set 5 points up from the current score. I have also been advised of the above - set it to your current score.  Regardless, none of these options seems to work for me.  I dont know what else to do.
Message 9 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So concorduser What was you eq score?

EQ 680. Hoping to reach 700 soon.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.