Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien - How to get it removed from credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax Lien - How to get it removed from credit report

I discovered I have a Maryland state tax lien (amount owed = $2415) on my Equifax and Experian credit reports. I know this is damaging my scores with both bureaus. EQ = 671, EX = 693

Does anyone have any answers on what I need or can do to get it removed from both of those credit bureau reports? 

I thought about writing the state comptroller a letter stating I would pay the amount in full with the agreement in writting they remove it from my credit reports when it's paid in full.

Any suggestions? any helpful hints?

Thanks,
MrCnyce

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State Tax Lien - How to get it removed from credit report

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrcnyce wrote:
I discovered I have a Maryland state tax lien (amount owed = $2415) on my Equifax and Experian credit reports. I know this is damaging my scores with both bureaus. EQ = 671, EX = 693

Does anyone have any answers on what I need or can do to get it removed from both of those credit bureau reports? 

I thought about writing the state comptroller a letter stating I would pay the amount in full with the agreement in writting they remove it from my credit reports when it's paid in full.

Any suggestions? any helpful hints?

Thanks,
MrCnyce

I would pay off as soon as possible, tax liens are the worst things to have against you
I have had 4 -5 of them with 3 coming off  from paying them 1 that shows release of
lien and will fall off 7 years from the date paid wich was 3 months ago so it will be there
till 2014 and I have 1 still to pay...
They will never go away if not paid, after 15 years they can restart the clock..

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information Timleverage. I'll get right on it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 i paid off if not they last forever!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.