Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax Lien

I am going to pay my state tax lien and read some different info on the board in regards to the 7-year timeframe for reporting.  The lien has been on my report since 03.  I am going to pay now.  Will this now stay on my report for 7-years from the date paid? So in essence, it will remain on my report for 13 years?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Tax Lien

PurpleHaze wrote:
I am going to pay my state tax lien and read some different info on the board in regards to the 7-year timeframe for reporting.  The lien has been on my report since 03.  I am going to pay now.  Will this now stay on my report for 7-years from the date paid? So in essence, it will remain on my report for 13 years?

The 7-year period is for Federal tax liens.  You will need to find out what the corresponding period is for tax liens in your state and when the clock starts ticking.

For Federal tax liens it starts from the date paid.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.  When you find out, let us know the state, SOL, and start point.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.