Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State laws

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State laws

Read your state laws.   Some state laws on credit issues are consumer friendly.  Then read the state laws for which the OC, CA, CRA or for the third party debt collector.   FYI, Ex and CSC are in Texas which is very consumer friendly.   If all else fails, check with the underwriter for CAs.   See if the CA is required to be bonded in the state that they operate from.   Sometimes a complaint to the underwriter can produce results.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State laws

Just a heads up from the inside on state legalities:

1. Mass & Mich- no check by phone fees
2. Outbound laws in Mass and Tex are most stringent
3. read the FDCPA (fair debt credit protection act) if you feel like you are being harrassed do something about it.
4. unless you are in certain states call time is from 9am to 9pm in your time zone. (outbound)

hope this is helpful. (work in an inbound call center. i won't say for whom, but its because of my debt that i am working in this place.)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State laws

Connecticut:
ALL CA must be licensed!!!!!!!!!! here is a link to CA that are already lic. in Ct. as of 7/12/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.