Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement Date question

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Statement Date question

Hi. I have a question regarding my statement date. The reason I am asking is that I know that my credit card balance on my statement date is very likely to be the balance that is reported to CRAs and thus the balance which is used to calculate my util% for my fico scores. Anyway, I made a purchase yesterday. My statement date is today. Looking at my account online today, the charge has not hit my account yet. Does this mean since the statement date is today that that charge will not be included in this statement? Right now it shows my balance at about 5% of CL which is great but with this charge included it will jump to like 20%util of this card but still less than 9%util of my total credit. Willl the statement be corrected retroactively to reflect this charge once it clears? It is only my first statement with my new Capital One credit card and from what I have read it is unlikely that they will report to the CRAs anyway the first month and I plan on paying my balance down to 9% immediately anyway so this charge doesn't represent any long term consequences to my score but I am still curious about it.  Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Statement Date question

It depends. If the charge is finalized before the statement cuts, it will be included in the statement. Some authorizations will clear quicker than others. If this authorization was the day before your statement cuts then it is highly unlikely it will make the statement.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 3
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Statement Date question

@OhioCPA wrote:

It depends. If the charge is finalized before the statement cuts, it will be included in the statement. Some authorizations will clear quicker than others. If this authorization was the day before your statement cuts then it is highly unlikely it will make the statement.

It was a cash advance and it was on the day before the statementf cuts. The statement custs today s I think im good (meaning it doesn't make this statement). Thank you for the info.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.