cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still in SOL what to do??

tag
xrebuildingx

Still in SOL what to do??

I am still in the sol. I have a few accounts that have been sold to ca. They are not posting on my credit report only the oc's are. I have lates with a few and some even state charged off. Is there anything I can do to get them to change the status to paid instead of charged off ,and also anything I can do to get the lates removed? I been doing alot of reading but it seems to me ( which I can easily be wrong since im new at this) that while im in the sol I dont have much options.  I will be paying off all my debts and have the money to do it I just want to go the right direction with this instead of paying them all then figuring out what to do to remove those items.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still in SOL what to do??

If I may add my own similar question here....

I have old stuff on my credit report, but the oldest thing I have is from 2001! That means EVERYTHING is probably within the SOL. So what do I do? MOST of the really BAD BADDIES are very recent... I JUST finished paying off the judgement, and the credit cards were only closed a few months ago. So WHAT SHOULD I DO to fix this mess? I am feeling less optimistic, lol.

Originally we were going to pay everything off on the credit report, like a checklist. THEN I read that paying it or not paying it... no difference on report.
Then I was going to PFD everyone and now I am thinking that it is all within the SOL for Oregon and Idaho... so can't do that or they will sue me!

What about the CA that have sent me notices in the mail, like for magazine subscription unpaid, but they are not on the report... how do I proceed with them?

H-E-L-P.... I am just spinning in circles!

Thank you soooooo much!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV everything!!! get that paperwork and then after digesting it - come back and let us know

The process is not a 'quick fix' - it is a labor intense process done in many steps.  DV is the first one and your legal righ (and it is NOT a refusal to pay -like one of my OC's has claimed in writing.).

Stay off the phone with them and keep everything in writing (documentation) - one slip up on their part and you can prevail.
Message 3 of 5
xrebuildingx

Thanks for the reply. I know its not going to be a quick process and I do appreciate you taking the time to help me with my problem. Do I dv the oc's or ca's or both? Thanks  

Also do I send the letter CMRRR or just send it and give it 30 days?

Message Edited by xrebuildingx on 12-03-2007 10:30 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Legally an OC does not have to comply with a DV (nice loophole).  I was told to FO&D by Verizon when I DV'd them.

IF it is a CA - DV them

If it is an OC you must dispute with the CRAs (and wait for it to be verified) then you can send a letter to the OC requesting INVESTIGATION (not validation).

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.