Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping CA phone calls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stopping CA phone calls

I have heard that if you write a collection agency with a formal written request to stop all contact by telephone and all correspondence must be done by mail, that they are suppose to comply under some law.  Is this true or am I being advised incorrectly?  If it is true, what is the law that states this?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stopping CA phone calls

Christian wrote:
I have heard that if you write a collection agency with a formal written request to stop all contact by telephone and all correspondence must be done by mail, that they are suppose to comply under some law.  Is this true or am I being advised incorrectly?  If it is true, what is the law that states this?
Thanks!

Yes- true.    Law? Pretty sure the FDCPA but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone who is more experienced will be able to post the section of the law that addresses this issue.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bum!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They must comply with requesting not to call at work-

You can not "MAKE" them not call you at home- You can however set the times of the day they can attempt contact-

You can ASK for them to only contact you by mail-

If they have not validated - they can not call you

Christian wrote:
Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.