cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Disappearing Hard Inquiries after 6 months???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange Disappearing Hard Inquiries after 6 months???

Is this happening to anyone else? So far a few of my hard creidt inquires from a few months ago have stopped reporting. One from Synchrony Bank Walmart, the other from Barclays. Also note they seem to be dissapearing in the same order they were pulled. Sync/WALMART was approved 6 months ago and Barclays was delcined around the same time. Very strange that it is happening, but I'll take it. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Strange Disappearing Hard Inquiries after 6 months???

Is this on TU. If you soft pull your credit reports a lot, they space fills up and sometimes the inquiries fall off. but you have to be careful because 1, you can cause a split file on TU, and 2, the inquiries can come flying back one day. 

Message 2 of 35
Involver
Valued Contributor

Do you live in Texas?

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Florida, and yes I have done many soft pulls. How do I know that my file has split?

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me very recently with Walmart and Amazon.  I opened both in June of 15 and I got a notification that two inquiries have been removed and it is for them. While I was initially excited but now I'm a little apprehensive that they will reappear and it will adjust my score!!  I did get a bump for the removal.

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no increases or decreases in credit scores. The only change was the result of limit increases and paying down. So I guess too many soft pulls is bad?

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a minute. What is a split report? I have heard of some inquiries falling off from numerous SPs but never heard of this split report thing. What exactly is that?! TY

Message 7 of 35
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Is this on TU. If you soft pull your credit reports a lot, they space fills up and sometimes the inquiries fall off. but you have to be careful because 1, you can cause a split file on TU, and 2, the inquiries can come flying back one day. 

I had about half my TU HPs fall off suddenly at one point and I was all like "Woohoo!  Apps spree time!!"  Then several months later they all came back all at once plus the ones I had added with my spree.  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 35
baller4life
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I had about half my TU HPs fall off suddenly at one point and I was all like "Woohoo!  Apps spree time!!"  Then several months later they all came back all at once plus the ones I had added with my spree.  Smiley Sad

Wasssup wac?? Good to see ya. I had 15 re-inserted at once before. Not fun when you get hit with an AA for "agressively seeking credit" Smiley Frustrated. Needless to say I stopped pulling my TU daily!

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also pull my Experican daily and the other two with Credit Karma weekly. Should I stop doing this? Please advise?

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.