Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error on my credit report. advice needed

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Strange error on my credit report. advice needed

I just started to use this monitoring service from Equifax, and look at those crazy details about the account age of equifax

To help you understand, i have 3 credit card accounts. The oldest one is 6 months old , and the other two accouns are 2 months old.

What is amazing is the length of credit history that shows up on Equifax (2 months), and the average is 3 months. How can the average be higher than your history? I called equifax 10 times and I was transferred from the dispute dept to personal solution dept all the time. Everybody says it's not a problem with them and something with my account not reporting right.

But when i select my accounts it shows up as 6 months old, just on the account age summary something is wrong

Anybody has any suggestion ?

here is a copy paste of that:

Account Age

Usually it is a good idea to keep your oldest credit account open, as a high average account age generally demonstrates stability to lenders. Also, especially if you have been managing credit for a short time, opening many new accounts will lower your average account age and may have a negative impact.

EquifaxTransUnionExperian
Length of Credit History0 Years, 2 Months0 Years, 6 Months0 Years, 6 Months
Average Account Age0 Years, 3 Months0 Years, 3 Months0 Years, 3 Months
Oldest AccountCAPITAL ONE (Opened 09/2012)CAP ONE (Opened 09/2012)CAP ONE (Opened 09/2012)
Most Recent AccountCAPITAL ONE (Opened 09/2012)CAP ONE (Opened 09/2012)CAP ONE (Opened 09/2012)

This is a copy paste that equifax do has the right information on my oldest account:

WELLS FARGO 
 EquifaxTransUnionExperian
Account Type: 
Revolving Revolving Revolving 
Account Number: 
442644102299XXXX44264410XXXX442644XXXX
Payment Responsibility: 
Individual Individual Individual 
Date Opened: 
05/2012 05/2012 05/2012 
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Strange error on my credit report. advice needed

This falls under the "don't worry about it" category. Equifax's CMS has some odd bugs. There is something that is always showing up wrong on my dashboard, too. When I first saw it, I was alarmed. But when I checked my actual CR, everything was fine. I finally realized that their system just has some bugs in it. It's really not worth worrying about. Some things just don't translate correctly from the CR to their CMS dashboard.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange error on my credit report. advice needed

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.