cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange new finding on Credit Karma's Equifax??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange new finding on Credit Karma's Equifax??

Has anyone had any experience before with a blatant (potential) error suddenly showing up on your credit karma report?

First off-- I do know that CK's scores are neither accurate nor reliable. Currently being in the middle of major credit repair efforts, though, I'll log onto CK every once in a while just to check the 2 reports. (For actual scores, I've been using the monitoring services through Discover & Wells Fargo.)

At any rate-- I randomly decided a few minutes ago to check out CK...and their Equifax report is missing my one single collections account. It always showed up on CK previously (as well as on every other credit report of mine on planet earth---this collections account is the bane of my existence ). So I am really perplexed... I did a quick search for any free way to access Equifax elsewhere, but didn't find anything.

Is it possible/likely for CK's Equifax to randomly just lose an account that's been there for ages?

Thanks in advance for any ideas--

P.S. Believe me, I am not letting my brain even entertain the possibility of this account actually being gone. That's just cruel. And yet...what a beautiful magic moment I have had, seeing my [probably just screwed up] report looking all shiny and debt free. HeartHeart

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange new finding on Credit Karma's Equifax??

Same thing happened to me with Equifax with a Sprint collection, now with AFNI. TransUnion and Experian show it but not Equifax. They are all different with my stuff. I just disputed something that popped up out of no where on Experian thru a collection agency saying for "loan installment" meanwhile I never did and that account was paid in full in one lump sum. I've seen other people say that it costs them money to report to all 3. So, sometimes, they don't always report to each one. I'm assuming my Sprint account has only been getting reported to Trans and Experian. 🤷🤷 What a headache this credit repairing is😕😕
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely feel your pain... Smiley Sad

Hey, though-- if this particular credit repair headache wants to go randomly losing my collections account, I'd take it! (And I'd send you over a magical negative-acct-deleting headache, too, if I knew how to do such things. Smiley Very Happy)

So yes- I do know about the way reporting can sometimes differ, how not all accounts necessarily get reported to all agencies, etc... But like I said- this negative acct has been on every single report of mine in the last 3.5 yrs, with perfect consistency. Likelihood of a sudden non-report just seems...hard to believe?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get your free Equifax credit report by going to www.annualcreditreport.com. It won’t give you a score but you get the report for free.

I also believe Equifax has a free type membership where you get a score every 30 days.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the reminder... I did think of annualcreditreport.com at first, but felt pretty sure I'd pulled reports from them less than a year ago. I decided to double check, though, and apparently it's been long enough! Woo!

So I was able to look over my updated Equifax report a few minutes ago, and...COLLECTIONS ACCT IS STILL REALLY MISSING.

Not really sure what to do next--?

Message 5 of 6
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous@LizLizLIzwrote:

...Not really sure what to do next--?

Celebrate!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.