Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange transunion problem

tag
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Strange transunion problem

I wasn't sure where to post this...I have USAA credit monitoring and when I pulled my report yesterday, all my accounts, inquiries, history, etc were GONE. The only thing shown is some random NEW collection that says it's from 2009 (first time this has shown up). I don't even know what it's for!  Other than sending a DV letter to the CA, what else should I do?  When TU opens, I plan on calling thm to get the low down, but right now I'm flipping out. (I pulled my report after 6pm PST - would that make a difference?). And advice would be great Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange transunion problem

I'd ready a DV but hold short of sending it. I would also pull TU from somewhere quite a few times just to see if the report changes any. It's rare with TU, but you could have a split file. Looking at new copies of TU would firm that theory up. If your report keeps changing then your file could have split with TU.

Message 2 of 5
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I didn't have a chance to call today because of my work schedule but will definitely call TU tomorrow. I've pulled my report again from USAA and it still shows as strange. I also pulled from Credit Karma. Should I pull the TU one from here as well?
If it is a split file, how do I correct it?
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Each pull might tresult in a different looking TU report. I wouldn't keep buying reports, but definitely utilize USAA, CK, your free TU report, etc.

I don't know how to fix it, assuming that's the cause. Definitely read it here. It happens on EQ mostly. There are a few posts detailing what they did to fix it. Usually invovles a phone call to the CRA and going through account by account to rebuild it.

Message 4 of 5
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I just went on my USAA account and printed a current report as well as one from a few days ago (when everything was "normal").  I'll mail these out to TU tomorrow and see what happens.  It was nice to see my inquiries gone lol  but sad to see my positive history deleted as well.  I'm concerned because of this "new" collection account, and there is a credit card I don't recognize.  I'm praying this isn't fraud!  I also just noticed an address I don't recognize as well as my maiden name which I haven't used for 14 years.  

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.