Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange update from Credit Karma - INQ's Removed

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Strange update from Credit Karma - INQ's Removed

Untitled.pngWhen my CK updated a few days ago five INQ's were removed from my TU report. One was from 5/23/14 so I was expecting it to be removed, there are three others from 5/14 that were not removed.

Pretty strange, I'm assuming this is some sort of error. Anyone else notice this sort of thing recently on CK?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange update from Credit Karma - INQ's Removed

It's happened a lot on CK with TU inquiries. They'll return

Message 2 of 7
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Take it back!

Just kidding, but maybe I'll be the one that slips through the cracks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, the only HP I see returning here is the one from August 2015. CK doesn't show INQs once they hit 1 year old, and the other 4 INQs are now older than one year..

Edit: I should say that this is how it's always been for my account, but YMMV.

Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You said YMMV and you are definitely right, because I have inquiries older than a year showing on mine lol. To the OP, I know I've heard of some sort of TU glitch over the last couple of weeks.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
You said YMMV and you are definitely right, because I have inquiries older than a year showing on mine lol. To the OP, I know I've heard of some sort of TU glitch over the last couple of weeks.

Really? I guess I'm lucky then because none of the companies I use to monitor my credit show my INQs past 1 year, and this goes for TU, EX, and EQ. Don't get me wrong, ALL of my INQs for the past 2 years show up on my full credit reports (the ones I get for free each year at annualcreditreport), but none of the INQs that are over a year old show up on Credit Karma, Experian's free credit report, CCT, MyFico, Credit (dot com), Credit Sesame, Quizzle, etc).

Message 6 of 7
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

Really? I guess I'm lucky then because none of the companies I use to monitor my credit show my INQs past 1 year, and this goes for TU, EX, and EQ. Don't get me wrong, ALL of my INQs for the past 2 years show up on my full credit reports (the ones I get for free each year at annualcreditreport), but none of the INQs that are over a year old show up on Credit Karma, Experian's free credit report, CCT, MyFico, Credit (dot com), Credit Sesame, Quizzle, etc).

I also have an inquiry from 6/2014 showing on my EQ summary from CK. I anticipate it will drop off at 2 years The default is TU so I have to click on EQ and then look at the summary and scoring factor details.

CK INQ summary for EQ.gif

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.