Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Late 90 Days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Late 90 Days

I was hoping someone would say that!  Has something like this happened with anyone else?  Any idea of how quickly they come off?  I'm actually going to law school next year and will be taking out more loans Smiley Sad so I want to make sure my score is as good as possible since I'm sure I will be having to go beyond just subsidized ones.

Who would I send the GW letter to?  Everything is cool with the lender (dept of ed.) its just a matter of the credit bureaus updating asap!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify:  I was hoping to see someone say that everything should be wiped out, not that someone got bad news from the student loan dept!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

lorileet wrote:
i also had a student loan and it also shows i was 60 days and 90 days late each one time.  I sent a goodwill letter to them since it is paid asking them to remove these.  I received a letter back and they stated that they cannot alter my report under federal law.  anyone ever seen this.

Yup. Same exact thing hapened to me about a month ago. Got a letter back saying that it is against the law for them to remove this. They are invalid marks anyway. How can i be late when my first payments wasn't due for 3 months after these late marks? It don't make sense to me.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

lorileet wrote:
i also had a student loan and it also shows i was 60 days and 90 days late each one time.  I sent a goodwill letter to them since it is paid asking them to remove these.  I received a letter back and they stated that they cannot alter my report under federal law.  anyone ever seen this.

Yup. Same exact thing hapened to me about a month ago. Got a letter back saying that it is against the law for them to remove this. They are invalid marks anyway. How can i be late when my first payments wasn't due for 3 months after these late marks? It don't make sense to me.

I got the same response from Sallie Mae.  All they were able to do was create a signed letter indicating that the account had been paid and is currently up to date.

Message Edited by elronte on 07-12-2007 10:43 AM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.