Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Question

Hello, I have been hearing a lot about GW letters.  I called my student loan servicer to "goodwill" my 30 and 60 day lates, and he said that they no longer honor the goodwill.. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Question

Either hang up and speak to someone else or write a GW (instead of calling it in).
Message 2 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Who services your studend loans?

You are probably stuck with the lates if they are valid. The Higher Education Act requires that all student loans report for the full seven years.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd probably have luck with a private loan company like Sallie Mae.  I've heard about success with them.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have two loans.  One is Federal, the other private.  I spoke to someone re: the private student loan, and they said they can request it but I will hear back within a week.  Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks again guys.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

asyiasmami wrote:
Yes, I have two loans.  One is Federal, the other private.  I spoke to someone re: the private student loan, and they said they can request it but I will hear back within a week.  Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks again guys.

What'd I tell ya about the private?

Smiley Very Happy

yay!  Just make sure to get it in writing.
Message 6 of 10
SJP57
Established Member

i am trying for the same with a citizens bank backed loan from American Educational Servies....2 loans reported 30 day late each..then paid in full next month....getting letters ready....make

Starting Score: 586
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
SJP57
Established Member

doing the same with american educational services, 2 30 day lates back in may..PIF next month 13,000 instead of monthly installments....writing GW and making it personal (thanking them in helping me reach my goals, etc..future goals to buy a house in next few months, which is not true, but hopefully it will work..)

Starting Score: 586
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So for my federal loan, if it stays on my credit report for 7 years do the same rules apply?  That the 30 or 60 day lates won't matter as much after the 2 yr mark?
Message 9 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

asyiasmami wrote:
So for my federal loan, if it stays on my credit report for 7 years do the same rules apply?  That the 30 or 60 day lates won't matter as much after the 2 yr mark?

Yes!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.