Did you mean: 

Student Loans and Credit

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loans and Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:
I would go to grad school. Educate yourself now. Pay off debt after you get that killer job!

Depends on what the OP is getting a degree in. A degree is NOT a guarantee of employment. Not even close. A degree simply tells prospective employers that you had the intellect and discipline to earn a college degree, and have more knowledge than most in that one area. That's it. It's not a Gold Key to the Executive Washroom or anything of the sort.

The idea of "oh I'll get a degree and then I'll be making beaucoup money and have no trouble paying off my student loan" has been the source of countless financial train wrecks among the young and impressionable. Those famous last words are right up there with, "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance--"

I was being facecious. I think its pretty obvious no one is guaranteed a job with our without a degree. We can all agree the more educated the marketable you are.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the various opinions that have been given. In my situatin I have been working without the degree for some time now. In order to enter the profession i really want to enter I HAVE to have a degree, so it's not just about making more money, although that is a perk. I want to be a Psychologist so I have to get a doctorate degree. For me I have worked in HR for a long time now, that is where my experience has been. After years and numerous salary increases I realize it's not what I want to do, it never was. I always wanted to be a Psychologist and in irder to do that I must go to graduate school.  
Message 12 of 13
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Then go to straight to Grad school.  It's one of those majors, like you said, where there isn't an option.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.