Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans

I am looking to reduce my student loan interest rates- any suggestions and/or financial institutions that offer lower rates.  My current interest rate is 8.5%.  I have not sought to lower my rate in a couple of years as you can see.Smiley Sad

Thank you much for your responses.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans

More details:
Are these private loans?
What are the balances?

What are your FICO's
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the type of student loans you have. For graduate school, I had to take out a private loan with Sallie Mae. Because my credit score at the time was quite poor, my interest rate was about 14%! Since I finished school in December, I found out about an organization called Graduate Leverage (http://graduateleverage.com). I consolidated my Private Loans through them through a company called Meritas. With an improved credit score, and a my wife as a co-signer, my interest rate is about 7.8%!!!!

I'd definitely recommend Graduate Leverage. They also do Federal Loan consolidation. Send me a message if you have any questions!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the type of student loans you have. For graduate school, I had to take out a private loan (~12,000) with Sallie Mae. Because my credit score at the time was quite poor, my interest rate was about 14%! Since I finished school in December, I found out about an organization called Graduate Leverage (http://graduateleverage.com). I consolidated my Private Loans through them through a company called Meritas. With an improved credit score, and a my wife as a co-signer, my interest rate is about 7.8%!!!!

I'd definitely recommend Graduate Leverage. They also do Federal Loan consolidation. Send me a message if you have any questions!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Loans
667 FICO
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Loans
667 FICO

Hoping to get a response, thanks...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.