cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan reporting.. but only baddies...

tag
silly34
Regular Contributor

Student loan reporting.. but only baddies...

My wife has a student loan and we checked her credit last night. The college is reporting a 30 and 60 day late from last year but is not showing ANY of the payments that we have made (they all were on time, except the 2 when we moved). Dunno what I should do? Suggestions? Thanks! B.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
buckeye74
Valued Member

Re: Student loan reporting.. but only baddies...

my student loan does the same thing on Equifax.  it only reports the lates not the ontimes.  doesn't seem quite fair in my opinion.  not sure if anything can be done.  i think it is up to the company if they report or not.  anyone know about this???
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you getting your reports from? If TC then the ontime payments often show ND or no data but  will reflect the PD.  Something about not jibbing up. Are these reports from the actual bureaus themselves?  Under the FCRA a creditor cannot report incomplete information.  If you are pulling these reports straight from the bureaus and they are reporting as such.  Dispute them as incomplete and if the creditor refuses to update file a complaint with the ftc at www.ftc.gov stating that a creditor is reporting incomplete information.
Message 3 of 5
buckeye74
Valued Member

basically from TC and Myfico.  Both show nothing across the board for Equifax except for the 3 late payments on my loans.  It doesn't say "ND" or anything in the other months they are just blank.  I think it is also affecting my score w/EQ b/c it is lagging behind the other bureaus by about 70 points.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

buckeye74 wrote:
basically from TC and Myfico.  Both show nothing across the board for Equifax except for the 3 late payments on my loans.  It doesn't say "ND" or anything in the other months they are just blank.  I think it is also affecting my score w/EQ b/c it is lagging behind the other bureaus by about 70 points.

Went to double check mine just in case on TU is it showing blanks but on a true equifax report pruchased from EQ in April, it shows greens.  Now on my Suze reports it shows ok/unknown.

Write the creditor a ltter and advised that you realize that it is in violation of the fair credit reporting act to report incomplete inormation and request that they report the entie history.  If they refuse, you can file a consumer complaint with www.ftc.gov for the violation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.