Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories and Encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK GOD ON MY WAY - FINALLY!!!!!

I am on my way.....yahooooo!!! I am so happy to have found this board. Based on the info I have found on this board, my score improvement over the past TWO months is as follows:

09/15/07 TU=544  EF=601  EQ=566
11/15/07 TU=669  EF=669  EQ=621 

What a change! I am so on my way to 700, I cannot wait! The sweet taste of success!!!!

Thanks to all who have baby sat me the past 60 days. I feel so blessed to have such GREAT babysitters!! These past two months have been a lot of work with disputing and all and even seem like two years, but the hard work was worth it!!!!!! YIPPIE!!!

XOXO

Missy

Message 61 of 280
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement

Congrats...700 club is knocking on your door.
Message 62 of 280
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

How do you find out the expected date that something/an account is supposed to drop off of your credit report??
Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 63 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should probably post this under the General Credit Issues forum and you will get a response. You should click on General Credit Issues and then post a new thread with your question.
Message 64 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Job Missy Bell,Smiley Happy

What were your score increases mainly attributed to?

Message 65 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daughter wanted to move and found that because her credit was so bad, no one would rent to her.  She didn’t know how her credit could possibly be bad because since filing bankruptcy in 2001 she hasn’t used any credit.  She keeps no records, receipts or statements for anything!  She throws away collection notices, has no checking account and pays everything in cash or with a money order.

First thing I found was that the bankruptcy was “dismissed” not discharged.  I searched WA court records to verify judgments.  Also searched WA dept of licensing to verify licenses of the collection agencies.  Finally, I sent dispute letters for almost everything:

01/18/08:         TU – 711         EQ – 667         EX - 738

11/16/07:         TU – 694         EQ – 668         EX - 731

09/20/07:         TU – 548         EQ – 577         EX - 576

Derogatory  Listings                Date                  EQ                       TU                         EX 

Judgment – Citibank                     Jan 01              Deleted                   Deleted              Deleted

Judgment – Citibank (duplicate)    Feb 01              Deleted                 Not listed              Deleted

Judgment – Former Landlord        Sep 02             Deleted                 Not listed              650

Macys – Wage Earner Plan            Aug 95            Deleted                 Not listed              Not listed

Collection – Fairway Collections   Sep 02             Deleted                 1576                     Not listed

Collection – HSBC/Tax                 Jan 06                241                        241                      241

Collection – AllianceOne              Apr 04             Not listed               Not listed              Deleted

Collection - Merchants ME            Mar 03             1735                      1735                  Not listed

Collection - West Asset                  Mar 03             1067                      1067                    1067

Collection – Credit Protection        Jun 02            Deleted                  Deleted                Deleted         

Collection – Credit Protection        Nov 04            Deleted                  Deleted                Deleted         

Collection – ER Solutions              Oct 06             Deleted                  Not listed              Deleted

Collection – WCI                            Oct 06             Not listed               Deleted                 Not listed

Deletions were CRA errors (duplicate Citi judgment, bogus Alliance collection, SOL Macy's), DV'd Cred Prot, ER & WCI - they deleted.  SOL Citi judgment Jan '08.  Bankruptcy dismissal will drop-off Apr ’08.

Added her as AU on 5 of my accounts, but did not give her the cards.  She received Wamu & Hooters MC approval Jan '08.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-22-2008 11:56 AM
Message 66 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid down almost $20K in debt and got rid of the baddies with GW's after I had paid.

The only one I had a problem with was Capital One...no luck there. I have one 30 and a 60 from January, 2007 but they refuse to delete it.  Plan to keep trying.

Thanks.

Missy
Message 67 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your daughter's BK was dismissed and not discharaged, doesn't that mean she still owes the bills?
Message 68 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a AU account that was 120+ days past due removed (disputed as not mine through CRA).  This was a pretty old account, I didn't think it would have much impact. 
Acct opened 12/2000
DOLA            07/2002
DOFD           03/2003

My score jumped 17 points from having this removed!
700 club now!  TU went from 686 to 703!
This was the only CR that listed this AU account, so my other two scores won't change.
Message 69 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't matter because all of the items that were included in the BK filing are now out of SOL (older than 7 years).  The Citibank item was never even listed in the BK papers.  Point still remains, TU listed a completely invalid item that does not even exist.
Message 70 of 280
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.