Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories and Encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement

The forums are an excellent tool. I have sunk as low as possible due to my arrogance and negligence. But, in less than a year (August 2007) I was able to bring up my score from 504 to 611. The score simulator has been very accurate for me. I still have balance decreases that need to be figured into my next month's score that should bring me up to 670+. I will then go from there.
Message 241 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I started paying attention to my credit scores six years ago, I was hovering around the mid-500s and couldn't get credit for the life of me. Judgments, lates... you name it. Now I'm in the 800s on all three scores, have over $150K in available revolving credit and have three mortgages locked in at 5.0%.

I wish every high school in America made a credit education course a requirement for graduation!
Message 242 of 280
jahrell

I am happy to report today that my scored reached an all time high of 730......2 years ago  I had a low score of 427 and things seem to get better every day. I love the myFico alerts.

Over a year ago (almost 2) I purchased book called The Complete CREDIT REPAIR Kit by Brette McWhorter Sember at Barnes and Nobles for $19.95 and it was worth every cent. The book comes with a CD ROM thath as sample letters that you can write to creditors to clear up wrongly reported information on your credit report, debt plan, and other legal forms. Honestly, I fixed my credit using this book along with some advice from this column. The book was a great SELF help tool..Don't pay any scamming company to "FIX YOUR CREDIT>  when you can do it yourself!
Message 243 of 280
hmcbride222

Re: Macy's/Sears Success Stories and Encouragement

Hi everyone,
I am a somewhat new poster here.. Found this forum by accident and have received such a wealth of information from all the knowledgeable people on here.. I really never thought about how bad a few negatives were on your credit.  I know some people seem to have charge offs and judgements but i am trying so hard not to get to that point. I have made some calls in hopes to clean up some lates and figured if that didn't work, I could send out some GW letters.  I think i have had a little success.  2 of my cards are stating that they are removing late fees from my accounts.  Now of course, i have to wait and see if they will actually do it.. I have four cards i am working on right now to get off of my report, or at least on the positive side. Sears, Macys, and the double lane bryant posting.  

The whole point of my message is to say PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF !

Macys   0.00 balance PIF Closed by me in 8/2007   2-30 day lates 08/07 and 05/07.
I called Macys Saturday and talked to someone who told me to call back Monday because that department does not work on Saturday. Called this morning, talked to someone who told me she could not take the lates off and said something about true reporting.  I called back about 10 minutes ago, spoke to someone different and explained that in August i had a son and went in and out of the hospital for complications. Credit cards were the last thing on my mind..  And I moved in March causing the may late because i did not update the address.. My fault i know.  She told me she is going to send information over to all 3 bureaus to have the two lates removed. She told me i don't have to do anything... 

Now of course, this is a will believe it when i see it kind of thing.

Sears $485.00 bal Open account.  1 30 late 08/07.
I called Sears late saturday about 10 minutes to midnight.  Spoke with a wonderful rep who told me he can certainly understand my concern and seemed  very genuine. Same situation once again, being in and out of the hospital caused me to not be really concerned and that i didn't think it was a true representation of my credit worthiness.  He is sending a request to the credit reporting department at sears to have them adjusted and believes this should not be a problem.  Could take up to 30 days but doesn't believe it will.  They will also fax me a confirmation when it is confirmed to take place.

Another believe it when i see it !!

Lane Bryant  (bought by new lender) Posted twice. Only concerned with negative one.  Positive one is correct.It looks like i have two different accounts and i dont)

Balance: $828.00 S/b: 0.00  2 30 day lates- 11/06 and 12/05. account bought in 10/07.
 Called several numbers. Was told to dispute through the CRA and i did.. Supposedly will take 30 days and the new lane bryant people told me the old lane bryant people can't verify the account because they no longer house it.

Another will believe it when i see it

Heres my question ???????????????   How do i check my score.. I haven't signed up for truecredit or scorewatch.. Heard they are not the best.. How often do you check them and how often do you pay for it.. How do you know the difference between whos FAKO and FICO ??

H

Message 244 of 280
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Hello to you and congrats on getting the lates removed.  As far as True credit and Scorewatch, True credit gives the FAKO scores.  Those scores are not real and have no relation to FICO whatsoever, but you can update your reports daily(thats why I use it).  Scorewatch is where you get the real FICO scores.  I thinks its the best because its just about the only site that you get the real FICO scores from all 3 bureaus
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 245 of 280
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

I meant to add...You can sign up for either, and they may have a free trial, than after that your cc will be charged once a month for services.  With True credit, I believe you have the option to just be able to check on the TU Score, or you can do the 3 bureau reports/scores(might cost more).  Like I said before, you can update those daily.  With scorewatch, you will get an alert if any changes are made to your EQ report.  It will show the new score, but you would have to buy an updated copy of your CR.  You can also buy the reports/scores for TU and EX, but the scores don't update w/ scorewatch so you would have to buy new scores/reports whenever you wanted an update, and you can buy every 24 hrs if you chose to.  With that said, I do like scorewatch the best because they give the real FICO scores and Truecredit does not.
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 246 of 280
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

That luvin' feelin'.....

As I've been posting since February, this is just an update.

Today I took my paystubs and my TU report pulled this morning into my CU, hoping to get an approval on a small-ish car loan.  Oh, and my 678 TU score pulled mere hours before the transaction?  The CU says it's 690!

APPROVED in less than 60 seconds from submission!  IR = 4.99 on a two year old car!

The seller arrived five minutes later with the title.  We sat at the loan officer's desk and wrote the bill of sale.  There was no check cut, it was a transfer into her CU account.  We had our insurance company on the phone, they faxed the binder in three minutes.

I got instantly approved for an UNSECURED credit card with the same INQ.  5k.  The seller app'ed for the same card and asked for 10k.  Instant approval (her score is well over 800).

One hour in the DMV, twenty minutes at our mechanic to do inspection and plate transfer.

Six months ago I would never have believed that this was possible.  My fear of rejection based on baddies was palpable. 

atlast....beyond happy, new (to me) car in the driveway, old car being detailed for sale next week.

Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 247 of 280
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: That luvin' feelin'.....

atlastontheroad wrote:
As I've been posting since February, this is just an update.

Today I took my paystubs and my TU report pulled this morning into my CU, hoping to get an approval on a small-ish car loan.  Oh, and my 678 TU score pulled mere hours before the transaction?  The CU says it's 690!

APPROVED in less than 60 seconds from submission!  IR = 4.99 on a two year old car!

The seller arrived five minutes later with the title.  We sat at the loan officer's desk and wrote the bill of sale.  There was no check cut, it was a transfer into her CU account.  We had our insurance company on the phone, they faxed the binder in three minutes.

I got instantly approved for an UNSECURED credit card with the same INQ.  5k.  The seller app'ed for the same card and asked for 10k.  Instant approval (her score is well over 800).

One hour in the DMV, twenty minutes at our mechanic to do inspection and plate transfer.

Six months ago I would never have believed that this was possible.  My fear of rejection based on baddies was palpable. 

atlast....beyond happy, new (to me) car in the driveway, old car being detailed for sale next week.

That's wonderful atlast!! Good for you!Smiley Very Happy
Message 248 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since finding this forum I have had much success. I have was able to get two Paid collections accounts removed, and also get a 1 (30 day late) removed from Cap One. In just a year with constant work I have been able to boost my scores tremendously. My scores are current as of today and there are still a few disputes I have in progress with some AU accounts I am requesting be deleted as they are hurting my UTIL and it’s not my bill. Also a few of my new accounts have not yet posted I went APP crazy this month but that’s it for me I am going to sit and let them age. But I KNOW once they hit they are probably going to drop me for a little. Thank you to everyone on this forum.

Ficos 05/30/08: TU 737 EQ 717 EX 689
Ficos 03/19/07: TU 624 EQ 618 EX 592
Fakos 05/30/08: TU 749 EQ 730 EX 702

Message Edited by ScoresUP on 05-30-2008 08:10 AM
Message 249 of 280
holuh3
Established Member

When I started reading here (2 months ago) my scores were in the low 600s.  I had a collection GW'd by AmEx (yes, it's true), several lates removed, and my credit report generally 'cleaned up.'  I have one late on a student loan 3 yo, several lates from 2003, but nothing really bad except high util.  I have since increased my CLs on my Citi and CU cards to 10K each, closed my Discover (HSBC), opened a real Discover, changed my AmEx Delta to Blue Cash, received an AmEx green, opened BOA Platinum Plus, and am re-conning Chase Visa Signature and Citi Diamond. I am almost PIF on Cap One (4200 CL), then it's going in the shredder.  Thanks!
Message 250 of 280
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.