Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories and Encouragement

tag
Client9
Regular Contributor

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement

I have been having great luck with TU since I have begun this repair stuff.  I started out at 577 with TU.
I just received an update and they removed my old Best Buy account.  It was over 90 days until I PFD back in Dec of 2006.  There an address error which cause me to be late.  I GW'd them twice and they removed it completely!!!  So I just had to pull TU and I am now sitting at 628, and this is now my mid score.  Now if I can only get EX and EQ to do the same thing, my report will look pretty clean except for the two judgements that I am going to tackle this September.

It is never too late to start paying your bills on time and getting Util% low. 

Feb 2008
TU 577
EQ 609
EX 607 

July 14 2008
TU 628
EQ 642
EX 621
Message 271 of 280
Client9
Regular Contributor

July 14 2008
TU 628
EQ 642
EX 621
these were my scores a little over 9 months ago.
Just paying down things slowly
TU 647
EQ 655
EX 644 2-28-09
not leaps and bounds, but I  just paid my Goodyear from 1900 of a 4250 CL to 400 of that 4250 CL
Message 272 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great MLESPADA.

How did you get the repo and lates off?

Was it a dispute or GW?

Message 273 of 280
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's great MLESPADA.

How did you get the repo and lates off?

Was it a dispute or GW?

Hi JMALIAGA, welcome to the forums! Unfortunately the poster, MLESPADA, hasn't been on since last February. I don't know about poster's other stuff, but the repo came off with a GW:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/GW-Success-2-more-to-go/m-p/73411#M45767

Message 274 of 280
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I Fought Jefferson Capital Systems and I WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Fought Jefferson Capital Systems and I WON !!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!​!

I received my letter Dated May 15th today   It reads

Dear Ms. _________

We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence concerning your above referenced accounts.

According to our records, we accepted settlement payments on the above accounts and statused the accounts as "settled in full". The statuses of the accounts were reported to the credit bureaus on a monthly basis. Although it is not our policy to delete the tradelines on settled accounts, to resolve your dispute, we have notified the credit bureaus to delete our tradelines from your credit file. You need to allow them time to update their records.

We appreciated the opportunity to respond.

sincerely,

"peggy"    :smileyvery-happy:

This was in response to a letter  I sent them about 10 days ago, regarding my Salute Visa and Imagine Mastercard and the 2008 FTC ruling regarding these cards. I am so happy, thats 2 tradelines off transunion and 1 off equifax and experian. :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 275 of 280

Re: I Fought Jefferson Capital Systems and I WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May you inform me on how you done that with Jefferson Capital Systems? Thanks in advance!!!

Fako TU 621 EX 519 EQ 585
 photo capital_one_quicksilverone_cash_rewards_credit_c_zpsaf05d420.jpg
Message 276 of 280
jmadm00

My sweet success story was to refinance my auto loan from chase at 16% to 2.9% with my credit union, Knowing my score 659 at the time was due to a thin file. 1 paid judgement, and 1 collection and possibly heading for a divorce, I knew I had to do something. So I joined in sept. 2010. Read everything I possible could that pertained to my situation, and begun my journey. In that 22 month span, I have cleaned up my credit report, applied for 2 store cards, used them and paid on time for about 10 months, then applied for American express, discover, and citi. At first scores dropped, but within a few months using my new credit cards they began to climb up and continued to climb. Till today, I am now divorced and my EQ Fico is 726 pulled from my credit union to refinance my car all on my own, no husband needed, or cosigner. I did it finally! So I'm saying thank you to everyone who gave advice, asked a question, explain there situation whether good or bad. It all helped me so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
EQ: 726 TU:716 EX: 727 (7/2012)
Starting point : EQ: 659 on 9/2010
Message 277 of 280
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

All, I just wanted to touch base with the community and the "new comers" on my current acheivments! I have been with this forum since 08/08/2012 (not long at all); however, I want to share what this forum has helped me accomplish. I never truly "cared" about credit but knew I wanted IT! After getting married Aug 26, 2011; I took over my families financies and vowed to clear any and all derogs that held us back in getting HIGH CLI or credit in general...so I came here and anytime at work, late at night, after the little one was in bed. I would sneak on here and read up on varies tactics, surf the net and conduct my own research on how I would start my journey. I started with my credit 1st since I can honestly say it was the worst. I had 5 CA, 1 30 day late, 2 60-day late, 5 paid charge-0ff from 2006-08), 1 default SL, 1 CO and thats it I think.

I make excellent money but like many never was taught the true meaning of not spending/living above your means and the importance of credit. As I fastworward to when I came to this forum as I stated I researched and read mulitple postings that fit my needs. I was able to GW all but 1 paid-CO, remove all but 1 lates (60-day late), waiting for the SL to be updated in the next month to reflect pays as agreed; current after completing a "rehab" program last yr with the Dept of Ed, 1 CA removed and the 1 CO disputing as we speak. I took all the advice and we joined PSECU this month; today going to NFCU (the most credit rebuilding happy CUs in my area from what I have been told) and start our a path to success.

This journey has been rewarding and beneficial to my family. After repair my "issues" next is my husbands. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and provided sound valuable advice...Thanks for sharing the wealth of knowledge you have gained along your journey.

If any one need advice or support (cause it can be stressful and addictive) please reach out!

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 278 of 280
ESA2012
New Contributor

Message 279 of 280
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Message 280 of 280
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.