Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories and Encouragement

tag
Client9
Regular Contributor

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement

I started back in February, but have been kinda busy.  My success isnt as fast as some others, but I wasnt in such a hole either.  My goals might be too lofty (700 club by September 2008), so i will need to work on Util% and PFD's in the upcoming months.

February 2008
TU 577
EQ 609
EX 607

May 2008
TU 608
EQ 613
EX 606

Just had a Nordstrom 30 day late removed from Nov of 2002.  So I am expecting 1 point for that on EX. 

EQ and EX have been slow to verify stuff, so I need to get on them even more.  I took my lunch hour to get those written and sent off tomorrow. 

I am a patient person, but this stuff is testing my patience.

Good luck to everyone
Message 251 of 280
holuh3
Established Member

Update: I recon'd with Chase and was approved for 15K on a Chase Signature Visa.
Message 252 of 280
Client9
Regular Contributor

My GW letters to Nissan, American Honda, Best Buy, and Public Employee's CU are all going out tomorrow.  If I can get a few lates removed, that will be golden.

this just in, I logged into my Orchard MC account and just found out that my CL was increased from $1900 to $2700.  Man Surprised  I originally opened this card back in December 2005 with a $400 CL.  I have never ever been late with it. After reading about their stingy CLI, I am Man Surprised  I guess man bites dog does happen

Message Edited by Client9 on 05-30-2008 08:33 PM
Message 253 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply cannot say thank you enough to everyone who has helped me out the last few months. Not even six months ago I knew nothing about credit and its impact. All I knew was that I really screwed up one credit card and was barely making do with another.

Now, I have two more credit cards (0% intro, 15.25% variable; and 3.9% intro, and 15.99% fixed) and have only one GW to take care of. And just today I made possibly the most important purchase of my first 21 years: a pair of eyeglasses.

Yes, eyeglasses. I know it sounds cheesy, but there's a reason. I have had sporadic headaches since I was in middle school, and everyone just passed it off as sinus headaches or migraines. It wasn't until recently did someone mention that I should check my eyes, and so I went today to do just that. Thanks to that visit, I found out that I have astigmatism in my left eye, and today I purchased a pair of glasses to remedy it. It's such a relief to finally have an answer.

My point is that before coming here I could never have spent $500 on something like this with my income. Thanks to everyone's advice and a bit of effort, I was finally able to make this very important purchase.

So again, I say thank you. I'm not finished yet (I'm now a little over $500 in debt. Smiley Tongue) but I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was.
Message 254 of 280
Client9
Regular Contributor

It is kind of nice starting out in the 600 club and working on things than having numbers in the 400s or 500's
Message 255 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I am in the Army also and had no credit at all until March 2008, and this was a Cap1 account that I was an AU on (unbenounced to me). However, I got curious about credit because I want a card that I can use in emergencies and mostly gas and stuff but I dont want to pay back my arm and leg for it. So I pulled my experian report and had no score. So how was I to get credit? I spoke to some friends in my company and asked where they get credit from and most had not a clue and others just had bank issued cards. I didnt know about this site, so I went around and just applied for things (dumb me) but I got ok results. With no score and lack of credit I got the following cards in one week:
> Chase BP visa
> Citi Drivers Edge MC
> Macys store card
>Bloomingdales store card

I am awaiting on a response from one more that I applied for. I didnt know about the whole inquiry thing, I am sure that will hurt for a minute but I am praying that the way I manage these will make the inquiries look like a bee sting. I go to college online and will get my bachelors by 08/2008, and I have no student loans at all!! I am sure the fact that I am in college helped me to get the Citi card being that it is especially for students. Also, I was approved at a local furniture store for 1.5k limit which is great. This will have to work for me because I am not going to apply for anything else until this time next year since I kinda went inquiry crazy...... I hope that when I get a score I will be able to be in the 700's like you are or at least the high 600's but I am not sure how those inquiries will affect my beginning score. Good luck on the Amex and with finding your true love.
Message 256 of 280
jaramill
Established Member

Ran a little experiment at the end of April/beginning of May.  I called all 3 of my credit cards:
  1. Chase
  2. Wells Fargo
  3. Citi-ExxonMobil

and inquired WHEN they report my balance to all of the 3 major credit bureaus.  They all said either ON the closing date or within a week AFTER.  So here were my scores on May 1st, 2008 purchased from myFICO.

FICO® Score Report Date

1. TransUnion 717 5/1/2008

2. Equifax 723 5/1/2008

3. Experian 705 5/1/2008

So what I did was PIF (Paid In Full) all the credit cards on the due date (which is about a week before the closing date).  Then (and here's the important part)...I did NOT use any of those cards until the day AFTER the closing date.  Why?  Because in general you pay your bill and still use the card.  Well those transactions in between the due date and closing date (in addition to whatever balance you have) get reported.  So in order to show $0, I didn't use them.  I just used my debit card or paid cash.

Now once all the closing dates passed, guess what?  I now have NO due date for the next month because I have NO minimum monthly payment due.  Now I can start using the card and thus I won't have to pay anything for 2 months.

So with that said, I then purchased my scores on June 1st.

FICO® Score Report Date

1. TransUnion 757 5/1/2008

2. Equifax 742 5/1/2008

3. Experian 728 5/1/2008

Why the big jump?  Literally a credit utilization of 0% and 1% debt to income ratio really is what FICO loves to see.  Experian is the toughest of them all (and the one used by most companies).

It took me years to get to this point but I will never go back to being in debt.  Now I noticed that having my student loans on there did NOT count toward these scores or any simulations, so that is key as well.  It's like losing weight. Once you're in shape and healthy, why go back to junk food.

Hope this inspires others.  Remember, we (the creditees) can play this game too!

Message Edited by jaramill on 06-04-2008 04:27 PM
Message 257 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote of the day !!!!!!!!

It's like losing weight. Once you're in shape and healthy, why go back to junk food

jaramill wrote:
Ran a little experiment at the end of April/beginning of May.  I called all 3 of my credit cards:
  1. Chase
  2. Wells Fargo
  3. Citi-ExxonMobil

and inquired WHEN they report my balance to all of the 3 major credit bureaus.  They all said either ON the closing date or within a week AFTER.  So here were my scores on May 1st, 2008 purchased from myFICO.

FICO® Score Report Date

1. TransUnion 717 5/1/2008

2. Equifax 723 5/1/2008

3. Experian 705 5/1/2008

So what I did was PIF (Paid In Full) all the credit cards on the due date (which is about a week before the closing date).  Then (and here's the important part)...I did NOT use any of those cards until the day AFTER the closing date.  Why?  Because in general you pay your bill and still use the card.  Well those transactions in between the due date and closing date (in addition to whatever balance you have) get reported.  So in order to show $0, I didn't use them.  I just used my debit card or paid cash.

Now once all the closing dates passed, guess what?  I now have NO due date for the next month because I have NO minimum monthly payment due.  Now I can start using the card and thus I won't have to pay anything for 2 months.

So with that said, I then purchased my scores on June 1st.

FICO® Score Report Date

1. TransUnion 757 5/1/2008

2. Equifax 742 5/1/2008

3. Experian 728 5/1/2008

Why the big jump?  Literally a credit utilization of 0% and 1% debt to income ratio really is what FICO loves to see.  Experian is the toughest of them all (and the one used by most companies).

It took me years to get to this point but I will never go back to being in debt.  Now I noticed that having my student loans on there did NOT count toward these scores or any simulations, so that is key as well.  It's like losing weight. Once you're in shape and healthy, why go back to junk food.

Hope this inspires others.  Remember, we (the creditees) can play this game too!

Message Edited by jaramill on 06-04-2008 04:27 PM

Message 258 of 280
Client9
Regular Contributor

I have had a Macy's card since 1988 with perfect payment history.  I never really needed a huge CLI with them, but having the larger CLI does help in the Util sense.  so the past 6 months I have gone from $400 to $1000.  Only have $26 bones on it right now and that will be PIF next week.

Message 259 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian FICO hit 650 today!! I am waiting for the Scorewatch alert to pull the EQ. This is a 146 point increase from August of 2007! I might buy gas for the car to celebrate Smiley Happy)
Message 260 of 280
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.