Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success in Removing Error... now What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success in Removing Error... now What?

I'm beginning the home purchasing process. After reviewing my credit report and disputing an error, I've successfully been able to get it deleted from my report. The only view that I have of my credit report is the one-time purchase I made to get my credit report from myFico.com, so here's my question:

How long does it usually take a credit report to reflect recent changes such the deletion of an incorrect credit item after a dispute?

Along the same topic, I mailed in information to two of the three credit reporting agencies to add information to my credit report such as current employer, phone number updates, etc. Once those agencies have received this new information, how long will it take before my credit report reflects this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success in Removing Error... now What?

As to your first question.

If the CRA  notifies you of a deletion  it is gone within 24 hrs.

someone else needs to answer your next question  I have no idea. I have never done that.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

the score change is usually instant.

Name/address changes are as soon as they are processed.

Message Edited by Timothy on 08-08-2007 07:48 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm beginning the home purchasing process. After reviewing my credit report and disputing an error, I've successfully been able to get it deleted from my report. The only view that I have of my credit report is the one-time purchase I made to get my credit report from myFico.com, so here's my question:

How long does it usually take a credit report to reflect recent changes such the deletion of an incorrect credit item after a dispute?

Along the same topic, I mailed in information to two of the three credit reporting agencies to add information to my credit report such as current employer, phone number updates, etc. Once those agencies have received this new information, how long will it take before my credit report reflects this?

When you dispute something with a CRA and the CRA finishes their investigation they send you a new copy of your credit report showing the changes made along with an explanation letter of what they did. When you get this from them all the information has probably been on your report for a week or so because of the time it takes to actually get to you through the mail. If you dispute online and they send you notice you will see a live version of your report.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.