Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with PFDs and Goodwills?

tag
mamabear
New Contributor

Success with PFDs and Goodwills?

Hello all!  I have just finished writing several PFDs and Goodwill letters.  I will be sending them tomorrow.  Anyone have success with these?  How long for a response?  I could use someone to tell me this will work!Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success with PFDs and Goodwills?

Some report overwhelming success with GW while others report none. I'm somewhere in the middle, but leaning towards success.

My success:
3 OCs, 3 GW letters, 5 total TLs (4 lates, 1 settled), all deleted within a couple of weeks.

My unsuccess:
2 OCs, 4 GW letters and 2 Emails, 2 TLs (1 paid collection, 1 late), nada. But I'm still fighting. Sent off another GW letter today after tracking down an address for success with Target late over on CB. For the paid collection, with AMEX, I suspect I'll just be waiting it out until February when it drops. May send 'em another GW letter. Might buy a few months reprieve.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success with PFDs and Goodwills?

@mamabear wrote:
Hello all! I have just finished writing several PFDs and Goodwill letters. I will be sending them tomorrow. Anyone have success with these? How long for a response? I could use someone to tell me this will work!Smiley Happy

I am not getting my hopes up on my GW's. It seems I have some of the toughest ones out there.

Cap One
SLFC - Student loan Finance Corp - (working on another angle for this one)
GMAC - Auto
Homecommings Financial - Another GMAC Company
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.