cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Dispute with Experian - what do I do about TU/EQ?

tag
vinny2times
New Visitor

Successful Dispute with Experian - what do I do about TU/EQ?

Hi - new member here. My credit scores are 746/751/754 right now. I'm 28 years old and I've paid off all my debt (student loans, credit cards, etc) and the only thing I have left is my auto loan. My 3 credit cards cumulatively show a $0 balance with a total of $40,000 available.

The only blemish on my credit history is 6 years ago (as soon as I graduated college) 3 of my credit cards received 30 day lates. I had no money and was trying to get myself settled, blah blah blah.

Anyway - last month I disputed these 3 lates with Experian through their website and I asked them to remove these 3 lates since it's been 6 years and I haven't had a single late anywhere since and to my shock they did it!

My question is - do I have to do the same thing and dispute with TU and EQ? Should I send them a copy of my new experian credit report? Any advice from one of the many experts on this forum would be GREATLY appreciated. My equifax score went from 751 to 787 as soon as they took care of it and I really want my other 2 CB's updated since I'll be purchasing my first home in a few months.

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Macdoll30
Valued Member

Re: Successful Dispute with Experian - what do I do about TU/EQ?

You will need to dispute to each CR's
Message 2 of 4
Macdoll30
Valued Member

What box did you check on the website for reason for dispute
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends on how it was "deleted"

In the normal course of a CRA dispute, the CRA is required to forward a copy of your dispute to the furnisher of the information.

If the furniisher then deletes because they cannot verify the accuracy of the disputed information, it is not sufficient for them to report that deletion only to the CRA that is handling the dispute.  They are required to report that result to each CRA that they have also reported the disputed information.

It is not necessary to dispute the same information with each CRA if the outcome of a dispute with one CRA results in deletion based on lack of verification by the furnisher.

However, if the "deletion" was actually a decision by the CRA to exclude the information from your creidt report prior to its normal max period of 7 years, then the furnisher may not have been involved.  The outcome may have been earlier CR exclusion rather than lack of verification of accuracy.

In my opinion, I would not pursue it either way.  A 30-late that old is having little or no effect on scoring, and is not worth the effort. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.