Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful GW letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful GW letters

Just wondering if anyone had success in writing a GW letter?  Because I wrote one and I'm just waiting for the response. 

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful GW letters

Yes it works. It worked for me, and I am hopeful that it should work for you too. Good luck, be patient and cross your fingers.
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@TryingVeryHard wrote:
Yes it works. It worked for me, and I am hopeful that it should work for you too. Good luck, be patient and cross your fingers.

...and be prepared to send it as many times as it takes. It usually takes more than one letter to wear them down! Smiley Wink good luck
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I was successful on the first try.  I had an issue with BofA, due to dmp shorting payments by $2 each month, I called and called and called.  Finally contact with BofA called and poof.....they agreed to delete all.  According to BofA, it's still 'my' responsibility to review all statements...duh!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had success in writing a GW letter? Because I wrote one and I'm just waiting for the response.
Thanks.

I am in the processing of sending out four,
Target, Limited, Express and Macys.
Will let you know the outcome**keeping my fingers crossed***
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I was successful on the first try. I had an issue with BofA, due to dmp shorting payments by $2 each month, I called and called and called. Finally contact with BofA called and poof.....they agreed to delete all. According to BofA, it's still 'my' responsibility to review all statements...duh!"

this is encouraging. i have a similar situation where my DMP had negotiated a monthly payment amount that was not adequate - without letting me know. so i had been paying BoA every month, on time, for a while, but apparently it wasn't a sufficient amount. i had no clue, because i watched my balance go down and i never saw any lates anywhere. but as of a week ago, the account has been charged off and sent to collections! i'm hoping i can get BoA to reinstate the acct by explaining myself.

lesson learned: if you're going to get involved with a DMP, pay close attention to everything.

Message Edited by dmp78 on 01-14-2008 10:25 AM

Message Edited by dmp78 on 01-14-2008 10:25 AM
Message 6 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Princess, GW works. Patient and hope for the better. If it fails, try again
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.