cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful in removing collections! New collection after removed. What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful in removing collections! New collection after removed. What?

Helping clean someones credit.

Disputed/removed a 4yr old collection. Then collection sold, back on CR as a FRESH NEW COLLECTION dated 7/2007 but will be removed from CR in 2010.

Is it an old collection or a new collection? His creditors won't talk to him now because of this new collection where as they would with the old one. Sad. We made his credit worst because we tried to fix things. Before old, now new. I am working to remove the new collection.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful in removing collections! New collection after removed. What?

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REFINANCING MY HOME. MY MORTGAGE BROKER SAYS I NEED TO BE AT 620 . AM CURRENTLY AT 615. CR SHOWS TAX LEIN WHICH HAS BEEN RELEASED SINCE 2002 AS STILL ACTIVE. I CONTACTED STATE TAX COMMISSION FOR RELEASE NUMBER AND IT HAS BEEN FAXED TO MORTGAGE BROKER. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO INCREASE MY SCORE
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if how this new collection company is treated on an old collection. It looks new for an old collection account. Does that hurt more?
Message 3 of 6
sl
Established Contributor

I had an account that went to collections several years ago.  The CA sold to another so both showed up.  I disputed and the first CA came off because they no longer owned the account.  I then paid the second and that came off after it was paid for some reason. 

Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do this.
I would open a new dispute and at the same time DV the CA.

Check the state statue....you don't want the CA to file a law suit
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information and help!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.