Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenlink

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suddenlink

I am moving soon and in preparation for the move I signed up with Suddenlink as my new cable provider. When I signed up they needed to do a credit pull, but assured me it would be a soft pull so I agreed. I was at work at the time and didn't think to research it. I already have 7 hard pulls showing (Spree!), so another one wasn't something I was looking forward to as I am in the garden. It is worth note that I work for AT&T so I have ISP options without the credit pull. Well I checked my report and sure enough there was a hard pull from CEQUEL COMMUNICATION (Suddenlink). I called Suddenlink and politely let them know that I didn't appreciate being lied to, or misinformed during the start of a new business relationship. The rep was very nice and assured me that it was something they could have removed soon and he would contact me back once that motion was complete. So I guess for now I'll wait and see. Does anybody know if I will need to follow up with EQ for deletion once they rectify it from their end, or should they be able to handle it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suddenlink

@Anonymous wrote:

I am moving soon and in preparation for the move I signed up with Suddenlink as my new cable provider. When I signed up they needed to do a credit pull, but assured me it would be a soft pull so I agreed. I was at work at the time and didn't think to research it. I already have 7 hard pulls showing (Spree!), so another one wasn't something I was looking forward to as I am in the garden. It is worth note that I work for AT&T so I have ISP options without the credit pull. Well I checked my report and sure enough there was a hard pull from CEQUEL COMMUNICATION (Suddenlink). I called Suddenlink and politely let them know that I didn't appreciate being lied to, or misinformed during the start of a new business relationship. The rep was very nice and assured me that it was something they could have removed soon and he would contact me back once that motion was complete. So I guess for now I'll wait and see. Does anybody know if I will need to follow up with EQ for deletion once they rectify it from their end, or should they be able to handle it?

If they say they are going to remove it I would give them reasonable time to do so and if it doesnt happen then a complaint to the BBB might be in order. You will not have to contact EQ about the removal they will request it be suppressed or recoded to a SP.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

AT&T also does a hard inquiry credit pull when sign up for service. I got a phone from you guys last April and have it on my credit report also.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully they will remove the hard inquiry but in general never take any representative's assertion that it will be a soft pull.  Most of them have no clue what it will be and quite often it turns out to be a hard inquiry.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.