Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sued by CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sued by CA

A few months ago I was served by a CA who had bought the debt off of Chase bank.

Long story short, the case was dismissed.  "Dismissed with prejudice." My lawyer told me that means with prejudice against the plaintiff for not having the correct docs to prove I even had the account

Anyhow, how do I get this removed from all 3 CRBs and can I get the original chase TL removed as well?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Sued by CA

If there was no judgment there should not be one on your CR.

Or are you talking about the CA TL?   Was this your debt?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was no judgement, I was refering to how to get the CA TL removed.  I guess I'm asking what kind of letter should be written, and if I should send it to the CA or CRBs. I believe it's still being reported as open(I dont have the CRs in front of me ATM)

But I'm also asking if the OC TL can be removed with the dismissal of the lawsuit.

I'm 98% sure that the original debt is mine, the OC TL status is: Charged off, Account sold (or something to that effect, I dont have the CRs in front of me ATM)

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For a CA to report a TL as open means nothing.

Write the CA a letter and tell them since they could not validate the debt in court, it needs to be removed.  This will only remove their TL, not the OCs.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There was no judgement, I was refering to how to get the CA TL removed.  I guess I'm asking what kind of letter should be written, and if I should send it to the CA or CRBs. I believe it's still being reported as open(I dont have the CRs in front of me ATM)

But I'm also asking if the OC TL can be removed with the dismissal of the lawsuit.

I'm 98% sure that the original debt is mine, the OC TL status is: Charged off, Account sold (or something to that effect, I dont have the CRs in front of me ATM)

Unfortunately, the CRAs are under no obligation whatsoever to remove the CA's tradeline.

Even though the case was dismissed with prejudice, the court did not in any way, shape or form decide that you did not owe the debt, but only that the CA could not prove you did.  In scenarios such as these, the CA is in compliance if they continue to report the debt for 7.5 years from the date of first delinquency.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, the CRAs are under no obligation whatsoever to remove the CA's tradeline.

Even though the case was dismissed with prejudice, the court did not in any way, shape or form decide that you did not owe the debt, but only that the CA could not prove you did.  In scenarios such as these, the CA is in compliance if they continue to report the debt for 7.5 years from the date of first delinquency.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disappearing type???

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disappearing type???

Lol.  No invisible type.  I was going to say something and changed my mind.  Since we can't delete our own posts anymore............

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll try and send a GW letter for delete, hopefully it works out.

Who should I send it to? Their website has email address for CEO, COO, CFO, VP of Analytics and a few others.

Would a typed letter sent to HQ be better?

EDIT: By the way, how do you quote posts?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'll try and send a GW letter for delete, hopefully it works out.

Who should I send it to? Their website has email address for CEO, COO, CFO, VP of Analytics and a few others.

Would a typed letter sent to HQ be better?

EDIT: By the way, how do you quote posts?

Just above the text box and to the right is a green button marked "Quote".  I just click on that button.

As for the GW, I have no expertise in that area.  Hopefully someone with experience with Chase can add something to the topic.  I would think the CA is less than interested in GW, but stranger things have happened.  Still, my guess is that either you'll have to live with the tradeline or offer them $$. 

What is the date your account with Chase first went into default?  Is it a credit card account?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.