Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for BT card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions for BT card

Hello everyone this is my first post in this forum and i would really appreciate if someone would give me some advice. I currently have 3 cc’s from gander mountain cl: $1200, jared cl: $2k, and express cl:$700 , they’re all comenity and only the first 2 cards have a balance of $837 for gander, and $536 for jared. My credit is very bad with eq: 619 tu:618 ex:600 with 5 inquiries and 2 of those are coming off in may. I also have two small affirm loans which i’m paying off, and a best buy citi cc with $500 cl and balance of $400. My credit utilization is at 45% and i have one late payment of 30 days that’s 4 months old. Im looking for a good card to approve me and allow me to transfer my balance from gander mountain and jared. Also my credit age is 8 years and 3 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions for BT card

I assume you’re looking for a 0% BT. I’m afraid that’s going to be tough with your scores.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone this is my first post in this forum and i would really appreciate if someone would give me some advice. I currently have 3 cc’s from gander mountain cl: $1200, jared cl: $2k, and express cl:$700 , they’re all comenity and only the first 2 cards have a balance of $837 for gander, and $536 for jared. My credit is very bad with eq: 619 tu:618 ex:600 with 5 inquiries and 2 of those are coming off in may. I also have two small affirm loans which i’m paying off, and a best buy citi cc with $500 cl and balance of $400. My credit utilization is at 45% and i have one late payment of 30 days that’s 4 months old. Im looking for a good card to approve me and allow me to transfer my balance from gander mountain and jared. Also my credit age is 8 years and 3 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're not going to be charged all that much interest on $1200. Just get on a budget, try to bring in some more $$ and pay these off ASAP.

Moving balances around honestly just gets people more in trouble with more debt most of the time. Focus on getting your budget right, paying these off where they sit, and building savings.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I agree. Having so many high balance to CL, and low score isn't going to appeal to that many CCC's. Should be pretty easy to pay down those small balances though, which would help with utilization too.

I would have suggested Discover, it works great for a BT card. But it's not likely in your situation.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, i wanted to do it mainly to get a boost on my score. Do you think i should stick with those cards and try to improve my credit with them? Or should i apply for more credit building cards? I would really like to be in low 700’s in a year or year and a half.
Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My suggestion is to join a credit union, and get a platinum card with low interest and no balance transfer fee.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the response, i wanted to do it mainly to get a boost on my score. Do you think i should stick with those cards and try to improve my credit with them? Or should i apply for more credit building cards? I would really like to be in low 700’s in a year or year and a half.

As far as score goes, your best bet is to just keep those cards for now, and pay them down. If you can, let one report a small balance and the other two report a zero balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CU do you think is most likely to accept me with my bad scores?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.