Established Contributor
myhearts07

Suggestions please!!

I finally added up DH and my revolving loan debt and cc debt.  We are at a whopping 20K... I don't know where to start with this mountain, any suggestions.  Should I start at lowest balance to payoff or highest interest rate?

Thanks
Established Contributor
sl

Re: Suggestions please!!

In my opinion, (and this is what I am doing). I took the card with the highest interest rate and put all my extra money towards that. When they is paid off, I will take that money and put it towards the next highest and so on.

Also call your creditors and see if there is a better interest rate out there. BOA and Citi are excellent to work with and will lower your rate if you explain you are trying to pay your debt off.

Some members may disagree with me and that is okay, because what works for one person may not work for the other.

I started at $54k in debt and finally down to $20k 4 years later and I did with through a DMP and some by myself. Just don't get discouraged and hang in there.

Good luck!
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Thanks sweetheart!!! 
Established Contributor
trinigal

Morning!

i agree with sl, start with highest interest rates, focus on paying those off first, especially if the balances are high, then work your way from there.  And any help they can give you, in terms of interest rates would be great.  I love Citi, HATE BoA!!!:smileymad:
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Cool..  Trini, where have you been?  You got to search through all the posts in this new setup just to see old friends!!!  Miss ya!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+