Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions with banking and credit

tag
santi16
Valued Member

Suggestions with banking and credit

Hello everyone. I was hoping to get some suggestions on which checking and savings accounts pay the best rate. I bank with chase primarily but have bank accounts with DCU, SDFCU & Discover.

I have been able to save up some money and would like to make it work for me haha. The research i have done brought up GE Capital Bank which offers .90 savings with no minimum and no fees. As for checking, Lake Michigan Credit Union offers 3% and their credit card ain't too shabby Smiley Surprised

Does anyone know if it is a HP for GE? I know LMCU is TU HP :/ Are there any others accounts i should consider?

Thank you in advance Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Suggestions with banking and credit

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Suggestions with banking and credit

@santi16 wrote:
Hello everyone. I was hoping to get some suggestions on which checking and savings accounts pay the best rate.

Have you looked at sites that offer comparisons and research tools such as Bankrate?  IIRC there are some other sites that also track the highest rates on such accounts but I can't remember any off the topic of my head.

@santi16 wrote:The research i have done brought up GE Capital Bank which offers .90 savings with no minimum and no fees.

Are these also must-haves or does rate trump everything else?  Are there any other criteria?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.